I am having all symptoms of cervical myelopathy (myelomalacia), spastic gait, muscle weakness and positive Hoffmann’s signs. It is from my cervical spondylosis and resultant stenosis. They told me that my spastic gait is not caused by peripheral neuropathy, which eliminates this as diagnose. What is a possible treatment?

The surgical decompression is a treatment that can stop the progression of symptoms and possibly alleviate them. Physical therapy could worsen the damage to the spinal cord seen as myelomalacia on MRI and corticosteroid injection will be inappropriate because of the reduced space in the spinal canal from the compression. So, the best things is waiting and see what your doctor is going to decide about your treatment according to the symptoms that you have. . Good luck

Bowley...........

I have had the same symptoms.....spastic gait...positive Hoffmans...ect...ect...

AND...I have been told myelomalacia causes this....myelomalcia does not cause these symptoms?? What do you do????

Good luck with your....I do know that physical therapy just pisses it off...and makes you hurt more!!!