Hi, I am 56 years old female. I suffer severe back pain, and it turned out tha tI have buldged disc. How good is laminectomy for buldging disc?

Lumbar laminectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat spine disorders, that are at first noticed by pain. Most often it is applied to treat leg pain related to herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and other. Laminectomy aims to decrease the pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerve by widening the spinal canal. This procedure requires well-trained and skilled professional performance. It is based on removing or trimming the lamina (roof) of the disc, in order to make more space for the nerves. Sometimes a surgeon will fuse vertebrae or remove part of a disc. Some devices, such as screws or rods, are applied to provide a solid fusion and support damaged, unstable areas of the spine.

I had surgery Feb. 14th only to feel worse. What I had was L4L5 laminectomy. I had to have a 2nd surgery on the 23r due to more disc buldgjng. A week passed and now I am back in the same amount of pain.

Has anyone else experienced this? After speaking with my Dr. Today he thinks this newest pain could be from swelling. Hence the reason for this inquiry.