Hi, I had a Anterior cervical discectomy c5-c7 with fusion back in sept07 due to a car accident. My dr put in screws , metal cage and a bone graft, the fusion stopped he called a nonunion , so my dr went back in dec 08 and but two metal rods next to the bottom of the metal cage where it didn't fuse ths operatrion was posterior cervical fusion . I had problems from anesthesia.I was in the hospital for 2days due to fever and bleeding from the surgery. I just went for a follow up he took x rays and I notice that one of the rods was not straight he said its just not perpendicular and not worry, I'm still having pain in the neck , headaches and blurry vison now my ears feel like they are clogged.The dr told me it was meds i was taking so i stopped taking them and i just take TYLENOL. I want to know if the rod that isn't perpendicular could be causing this? should I worry about having another surgery?I have to wear a hard collar during the day and soft at night while i sleep my dr said i will start pt in april. Can some one help me ? I'm really worried that I will have to another surgery.

Hi Blueeyes, so sorry to hear about your troubles! Given your worries bout the non-perpendicular rod... have you thought about seeking a second opinion? At least if another doc says it's nothing to worry about that might put your mind to rest? or at least add to the information you have thus far.

Best of luck!

**edited by moderator**

Sorry I was on 2 pages & posted on the wrong page