my hand behind me sitting on a window seal i jumped out the window only a few inches to the ground, my chest concave in and out causing pain and now i can move without severe pain and shortness of breath

Hi:
Go to a hospital or dr's office right away to have an x-ray. It sounds like you might have fractured a rib or more. If not treated, this can cause a punctured lung or puncture of other organs. Perhaps you injured your diaphram. Needless to say, these could be life threatening conditions. You can't sit around with this problem. Get checked immediately. You don't want to find yourself somewhere, unable to breath. The pain will probably continue to get worse....and you will be forced to get to an emergency room. I suggest that you go now, while you can still walk in. Even if the fall was short, you could have fallen in such a way that you injured yourself. Your symptoms seem to indicate that you did injure yourself during the fall.