Chest pain on right side like a knife sticking in my back.  Shortness of breath like I can't take a deep breath. Numbness and tingling in right arm, and also a lack of strength in that arm

You should check with your primary care physician to rule out any cardiac problems, however I've had the same symptoms which led me to the Emergency Room for a full cardiac work up at the age of 20. A diagnosis of Non-Cardiac Chest Pain led to several visits with Docs in the Mental Health Area of Medicine. Turned out anxiety disorder with depression can really affect you physically. I have been great or the past two years with the help of Zoloft and Xanax for panic symptoms. Hopefully, you can find the same success to your apparent physical manifestations to anxiety or depression.

Hope that helps,

Mike

my husband has had pain in chest for 1 1 /2 years getting worse everyday other symptoms included irregular heart rate, headaches burning sensations and feeling out of it, Dr. after dr. said depression and anxiity. Well finally we saw a pulmanoligist (lung dr.) and I'm now sitting at the hospital while he recovers from a bulla or bullae it's an air pocket in lung we found out over thanksgiving his grew 20% in 1 year we knew about it for 4 years and had it checked once a year it had seemed to be fine but for some unknown reason it grew .Dr said it's likely to have a bulla and never even know so any chest pain my need to be checked out by a lung dr.

Well,

I don't know much about anything. I am only 20 at this point I am having a type of tingeing in my right chest area and I can sort of feel some pain in my right back as well. Could this be a bulla/bullae. I smoke, and drink, but these problems have only been occurring just recently the past 3-4 months and it seems only to happen when I am sitting, not during heavy breathing only during calm light breaths. but my right lung does not hurt when I in hail its just a tingle sensation.

I am 23 and I am experiencing these exact symptoms. It feels as if someone is putting a knife in my back on my right side accompanied with shortness of breath on occasion and chest pain. Its all sporatic though, none of this last very long however it has been happening for about five months now.

I was suffering from chest pain and shortness of breath and was scared it was my heart (even though I am only 26). Went to the doctor and after going over things that were going on in my life he said it was Depression/Anxiety and the feelings I was having was due to panic attacks. He put me on Zoloft for the Depression/Anxiety and Ativan to take at the first sign of a panic attack. I had the same pains on and off for about 2 weeks before I went to the doctor and I made the appointment after a really horrible and scary night. Took about 2 weeks before I began to have symptom free days again. Strange thing for me is that while I was having the chest pains and shortness of breath I really wasn't feeling panicked or anxious about anything to have set the attack off. But the body is a strange thing. I bottle emotions up so I figure it was my body's way of dealing with everything. Make you a doctors appointment and I hope all turns out well.

I've been seeing a Cardiologist for a few months. I was having palpitations, shortness of breath and deep sudden pain in my back. The Doc scheduled me for stress tests and I was to wear a monitor that recorded any irregular activity.
I was drinking energy drinks on a regular basis and I stopped after my visit with the doctor. The palpitations stopped but the pain did not.
I ended up in th ER thinking I was having a heartattack. My symptoms; left arm was, and still is tingling, chest pain, shortness of breath and overall discomfort. I had a CT scan done (which I had asked all previous Docs I have seen to do). Turns out there is nothing wrong with my heart, no blockages nor enlargement.
I have a big hole in my left lung, it is called a Bulla or Bullae for more than one. It is about 9mm or 2 inches round. I am scheduled for surgery on Thursday.
The Bulla will be stapled off and any tissue removed will be tested. The surgeon says because of size and placement, I was more than likely born with it (or without?). It is in my lower left lung vs upper lungs in patients with emphasyma.
I am having a difficult time quitting smoking. I was smoking a pack a day now about 4-5 and I am sure this habbit of mine did not help in my case.

P.S. Also related to fatigue.

First things first: I'm 27, in a very complicated loving relationship, and work from home. I'm mostly sedentary. Exercise maybe 2x a week, mostly occupying a computer station everyday, but occasionally try to get out and take at least a small walk.

I've been feeling like a truck was about to hit me for the longest time. I've recently been having detached feelings, and anxiety attacks right before I go to bed. A lot has happened lately. Stress is up. Nothing is going right, and I feel like my life is slipping out of my hands.

And now for the random, but relevant:
I'm a smoker. I smoke half a pack a day or more, but no more than three quarters of a pack a day, if ever I smoke a pack. Even then, it feels like when I smoke so much, I'm running out of breath. I get head swells, dizziness, disorientation, and rarely have pain in my lower body. Sometimes my feet, but mostly, I have numbness/pain that jumps from one side of my lungs, to the other, and sometimes centers in my chest, and it feels numb, like I don't have a heartbeat. I'm coughing heavily, and sometimes they're rough. I cough up a lot of phlegm that's usually green, yellowish, sometimes white with specks, and only once after having a tooth pulled have I ever coughed up blood, so I highly doubt, at least for now, that anything serious is going on. I'm also a light pot smoker. Seldom, I find myself in such a circle, and don't deny it. I balance that out with a lot of N/A drinks. I drink a lot of water and Tang, because most of the time I have a very dry mouth or throat. That's giving me a feeling like I need to take a nice, long drink, along with a walk. Sometimes I can walk. Sometimes I can't. It would be better if I could.

I've been trying for a very long time to get more exercise, generally. Just recently I got weights, which won't help my heart or breathing strength if I don't have the lung capacity for lifting weights. Does this forum have any suggestions that could direct me toward the ultimate situation I've got going on? I think it's pneumonia, but it could very well be bulla(e).

As a nurse, i would say alot of whats going on for people is worry! Every event of chest pain needs to be investigated by a Doctor and no 2 people are the same. I would suggest that you speak to your doctor about whats going on rather than use the net to try and self diagnose....it just leads to more worry.
For the smokers with chest pain and shortness of breath, for god's sake QUIT; we all know what smoking does and it seems to be a common link between many people on here, as does anxiety. I think everyone worried about their health should start with a check-up with their doctor and then a look at their lifestyle. I know it's not easy to quit smoking but you will more then likely notice a change. A simple walk can make the world of difference too, even if its just 5 minutes a day, time to relax and de-stress even in a busy world.
If the doctor gives you the all clear, try to focus on lifestyle changes that can effect your overall health rather than treating specific symptoms...you will likely find that all things fall into place and you'll start to feel better all round.
Good luck!

I am a 37 year old woman, with a busy life 3 children, a full time stressful job. I have had a history of anxiety and depression possibly due to alot of worrying. Sometimes my anxiety disappears and months go by without feeling any bad physical symptoms, however it sneaks up on me and lately I've been feeling it again.

But my main concern right now is that for the past 4-6 months I've been getting an achy pain in my right breast and it radiates to my upper back on the right side, I let it go because I figured it was probably just another symptom of stress & anxiety since that's what the Dr's usually tell me, however the past 1 month the achy pain in my right breast has gotten worse, and I've been feeling short of breath and the pain radiates to my back on the right side behind my right breast, I went to the hospital and had a breast ultrasound they didn't find or see anything abnormal however they said they will give my doctor the full results in about 3-5 days and might order more tests.
In the meantime, can anyone tell me if they have experienced this same type of aches on their right breast and shortness of breath?
It almost feels like a bone is pressing on something in my right breast then leads to mild chest pain on the right, very uncomfortable and it makes me feel very tired as well. Please advise any suggestions.

Thank you.

Ok so I have had chest pain for about 6 months. It hurts sometimes and at times its just discomfort i dont know if its bad or something I am 19 years old . When I barely started getting this i went to the hospital but they told me it was nothing but since then its a bit worse I havent gone back to the hospital cause I cant afford it. My symptoms are , chest pain, slight pain in my arm, it also feels like something tugging in my chest and arm , and sometimes the pain travels to my back. Can someone help me

Stess is the cause of a lot of problems and the doctor's are standing in line to take your money. I am having pain of the left side of my chest. I went to the heart doctor and not a problem there except the money for tests and searched on. I had my neck x rayed because of a accident I had and thinking maybe that was the problem. The nurse told me what none of the doctor's I went to did. It is stress. I was a smoker and needed to get rid of the habit, for my health and the cost. I got a eletronic cigarette and the filters that have no nicotene and have not have a regular cigarette since. You can quit smoking and not gain weight. It is worth the money for the electronic cigarette if you are afraid to gain weight or are having trouble quitting. I smoked for 20 years and recommend this is to all. Be sure to get the no nicotene and green smoke even has a fire like light on the end and you blow out smoke. The taste is different but acceptable. Good luck and de stress!!

i am a 72 year old mother of 5 with 9 grandchildren , i have been getting pain in my right breast for a number of months, years ago i was told i had a thickning in my right side of my breast, i do go for my manograms they are all good, now i have been getting pain in my right arm and have pain also in my right hand. my brest is tender when i touch it..........i also have been told i have a torn rotor cuff............could the pain in my shoulder cause me to have pain in my breast also along with pain in my arm and hand?

hi
im worried about my partner,he is 40 and the last couple of nights he has woken up in real pain, its pain in his chest and by his heart and he cant breath and his right arm goes cold and numb,it takes 30 minutes to calm him down,he says it feels like someone has put there arm through his chest.
he wont go to the doctor and says its nothing,the thing is that it is'nt the first time,he has this twice a month and with our other baby due soon i dont want to keep panicking.i love him do bits and he wont let me help.any suggestions
please

sounds like most of you just have pluracy; alot of people get it, some even on a daily basis and some of u sound like you have anxiety but always get it checked out my dad died from atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and they never caught it nor did they catch that he had kidney disease heart disease and many other things.. make sure u have good drs too