I'm only 16 but sometimes, when I'm breathing, it feels as if it's hard to do so and also one time when I just woke up, I suddenly felt pain in my chest and I found it rather hard to breath 'cause it will bring extra pain to my chest. Then my heart beat started to race really fast then suddenly the pain is gone but I still have a problem with my breathing. Should I be concerned?

are you stressed out or have a lot of worries? it sounds to me like you're having a panic attack.

Have you been having problems with anxiety lately or been taking some drugs?

You should report this to your parent and see a GP to see what's happening. It could be your heart, so don't play with it.

Drugs like speed, cocaine and ecstasy could be causing problems with blood vessels impacting blood flow to your heart and causing such symptoms.

I've never tried drugs (except the medical ones of course) so I don't think that's the problem. Anxiety? I'm not exactly sure about that... The thing is I don't think I dare tell my parents about this. I tend to keep things to myself whenever I have problems including medical ones....

i have the same thing and im 16 too. but ive had my heart and my lungs checked and were both in perfect condition. but that could be because i waited a while after i stopped smoking. do you smok ? e?

I have chest pain and hard to breathe (sometimes) for about 5 years already. I did all the test like ECG, ultrasound, blood test, x-ray.... all doctors said i'm healthy and my heart is normal. Doctors said sorry and ask me go for emergency for next time the same thing happen. I don't know what is going on.

I'm 24. I start chest pain and shortness of breathe about 19.

im 18 years old and for the last few months i havent been able to breath, when i went to the hospital they did blood tests cpgs xrays and all said i was fine, just might have been swollen lungs so took some ibufron like they said and it has got worse over the last few weeks its not just pain when i breath now its constant. um the only thing i can think of is i have a serious problem with food. i know i do so its not so bad my doctor said it wouldnt effect my chest or it being painful! any ideas anyone?

i guess U should all check ur noses coz if it got stuck with a lot of Booger then ul surely be having a hard time Breathing...which will obviously lead to chest pains

simlar deal haha,

i think im DYING! im only 16~... ifeel weak at the moment, short of breath especially when i breathe either deeply in or out. I have this chest pain... im female.. healthy... and thisis the first time! WHAT SHALL I DO!!! helppp

I'm 16 as well. I've been having chest pains and it's been very hard to breathe. Often times I can't even finish a conversation/story without loosing my breath and stopping. I don't understand why it's happening, but I have been really stressed out lately. Each time I breathe it hurts.Also, I haven't been able to cry, and when I do start, I push away my tears. (As I said, very stressed.) Is this a bad thing?

Im 17 and ever since january my body has felt as if i have cancer, like i have awful heart conditions and am slowly dying, i go to the hospital / doctor / ER and they all tell me im fine, ive had blood work, EKG, everything and they say im fine, but for about the past week i havent been able to breathe for the life of me, i dont go to sleep anymore cause its so bad i dont want to die in my sleep, I have chest pains my insides hurt, its so awful i pray for all of you like me

Just in case this might help someone in the forum. Ask you doctor about Costochondritis.  This is a very painful condition that causes inflammation of the chest wall cartilage and surrounding area.  It can even radiate to the back.  Breathing is very painful and if the condition progresses even slight movements can be unbearable.  This is usually treated with steroids to reduce the inflammation.  Condition usually present after a trauma or hit to the area but does present sometimes for no apparent or known reason.

I think im dieing from cancer, ive been to the ER and primary care doctor. They said i dont need a MRI. My primary care doctor said its anxiety. But now im starting to forget stuff and then it comes back. Like i forget stuff i should know like the back of my hand. But the doctor said i dont need it she set me an apointment with a sychologist and i have hope now. Sometimes i think im dieing but you just have to look at the facts. They said im healthy. Xrays everything. Im a healthy ypung girl. I dont know where the stress is coming from but thats what it is.