Hi I'm 14 female and I have been constipated lately and now I have a bloated stomach and I also have a tight chest which makes breathing uncomfortable. Whenever I take deep breathes, my chest feels tight. And when I inhale, it doesn't feel relaxing. Because of my constipation problem, I have been stressing over it. How can I get rid of shortness of breath? shortness of breath is causing sleeping problems for me. I can't sleep every night because of it and I'm scared and more worried. :-)

Hi I hope by now you have at least seen a doctor to rule out any respiratory problems like asthma and if not I would be doing that first and foremost. Though it sounds like the cause could be the constipation, in which you would need to treat that., by a diet high in fibre, water and excercise.. or gentle laxatives as a last resort, eg natural ones like prunes..Hopefully if you can manage to get your bowels working once more correctly you wont find you will feel the pressure against your ribs, which is most likely causing the feeling of tightness. Also by sleeping upright more, and adding a couple of pillows may help too ease some of the pressure and perhaps give you a better sleep.

DO NOT BE SCARED you could have stress , depression or anxiety.. need to know you are ok !! Try standing up nice and tall shoulders back and breath easy. Relax and pray. also might want to see if its gas, take a tums or two. Check your posture all the time shoulders back chest out opens the air ways better and you will get a good breath. See if you snor? if so go do a sleep test to see if you stop breathing at night? When I did my sleep test i stopped breathing 156 times per night.. I now am on a breathing machine at night and I get full breathes allnight long. Not tired during the day anymore. But above all remember YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE DONT WORRY ABOUT IT . RESEARCH and find out why ? God bless you , and I am praying for you !! Good luck

oh one last thought do not ear tight belts or clothes around your waist. it will cause undo pressure and choke yourself.