I was in a car accident about 5 days ago. I hit a car from behind. I have a pain in my sternum area that hurts when I cough, sneeze, and laugh. It particularly hurts more in the mornings when I get up. Any suggestions? I have not seen a doctor because I'm hard headed/

Did you hit the steering wheel? You may have cracked your sternum.

Honestly I don't remember.. I was under the influence.. I do know I had my seat belt and then airbag went off... Maybe the seltbelt bruised my sternum?

Yes, the seat belt can do that.  For that matter it might not be the sternum itself but strained connective tissues, ligaments etc.  As much as you shouldn't have driven under the influence,  it may have helped you.  You may have tensed before impact, and a tense body is more susceptible to injury.

Has it gotten any better at all?  Was there any bruising or other visual indication?