i was in car accident recently and at hospital x ray revealed that i had fractured sternum. i was given painkillers and allowed to go home after ECG was normal. However i am still in alot of pain and want to do know if there are things i should and shouldn't do to help the healing process. i have been going to work, i work in an office but even that is difficult as i find it very painful to sit for any length of time also lying in bed is also very painful. Please give me some advice on what i can do or shuldn't be doing

I was in a car accident last week. I started going to a chiropractor to help adjust me. The airbag in the car deployed and hit me in the chest. I've had alot of pain around the sternum area and collar/shoulder area. The visits have helped as I have received different treatments with machines and ultrasound to help with the swelling. You may want to consider going to a chiropractor. I am waiting for results of my chest and side xrays today to determine if I fractured it. Right now it is painful to get out of bed, sit for long periods, lift my right arm, cough, take deep breaths, and swallow. I've had 2 visits this week and am already seeing improvement in my range of motion. The pain comes and goes.