I am 19, Female, Weigh roughly 50kg and am 5ft 4.
I used to be able to tolerate alcohol without vomiting, a couple months back I had an operation on my chest and after about 350mL of wine I feel completely nauseated and usually vomit. It has gotten to the point where I can no longer drink with my friends because I tend to feel very sick after having a small amount of alcohol, once I drank 350mL of straight vodka got completely WASTED and had a hangover and vomited each night for almost a week! Even when I do drink small amounts of alcohol (enough to get tipsy) I end up vomiting the night after also. Can anyone help me I have no clue what is wrong with me and it has affected my ability to have fun with my friends.

What kind of operation? That may have something to do with your problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuss_procedure

Treatment for pectus excatvatum. Involves placing a stainless steel bar behind the sternum in order to push it outwards. I don't think this would have anything to do with the nausea but what do you guys think?

Julie, I think it may well be related to the operation. Let me tell you about my experience with terrible bouts of nausea. After having heart bypass surgery 16 years ago I would get the worst nausea I ever experienced at times. After a couple months I finally figured out what was causing it.

If I touched my sternum against anything it was so painful it took my breath away so of course I tried not let that happen. I had become very good at protecting it and the nausea had subsided. I figured the nausea was just a passing thing after the operation and didn't think about it much.

One day while sitting in the car waiting for my wife I moved just right so I hit the sensitive spot on the bottom of the steering wheel and I certainly remembered the pain. About 5 hours after that I got the terrible nausea again. Now I certainly didn't go hitting it on purpose to prove that was what caused the nausea but I did pay more attention to that and I found that whenever I hit the sternum I got the nausea about 5 hours later. 

To this day I will still get nausea long after I hit the sternum. It's not as bad as it used to be but it still happens. I cannot lean over the fender of my car to work on it and I cannot sleep on my stomach or even lay on it.

Hey um, I dont really think this helps at all. I had an op in which they made two insiscions under my arms but my sternum doesn't cause me nausea... I'm just wondering if the vodka has permanently damaged my liver or something?

I thought you said they did something to your sternum.

"Treatment for pectus excatvatum. Involves placing a stainless steel bar behind the sternum in order to push it outwards. I don't think this would have anything to do with the nausea but what do you guys think? "

I guess I read that wrong, sorry.

i have no idea     ...... sorry mate

Try not to be so rude...He misread, but was still trying very much to help you...you could've said, that's great info, but I think you misread my surgery...

I just told that person, they we're very rude to you. You were trying and so diligently in your efforts to help and I personally appreciate the information. Regardless if it was accurate with her situation, I think you should have been thanked, because you did take the time to try to help, even though it was a misunderstanding.. Thanks again for the information...