I have pain in my sternum area. I dnt think its a fracture as there is no swelling and it pains with movement of my shoulders. I got an x ray done and it showed no broken ribs . It pains in my sternum when i try to lift my neck up from a lying position. I am having PARACOD painkiller at the moment . Should i go for a sideways sternum xray or a CT scan ? . Coughing , sneezing also causes pain in sternum. Could it be sore muscles over sternum ?

How long ago was your accident? I was in a car crash and i ached for 3 month's after. If the x ray showed nothing and the dr. isn't concerned, i would blame the pain on the accident itself. When the seat belt tightened around my waste and chest at the time of impact, it freaken hurt. The next day i could barely get out of bed, i couldn't cough or sneeze, i couldn't even strain to go to the bathroom. You got banged up on the inside and it's going to bother you for a while. Just relax, soak in hot water, and move slowly, you will be feeling better, but it will take a while.