I've developed a nasty habit of chewing and spitting food. It's ruining my physical and mental health and also my relationship with other people. I also often resort to stealing food compulsively and feel incredibly guilty about that. I KNOW this is a serious problem and I'd like to get help. I'd also like to know if there are any other people out there who are struggling with the similar problem and I'd like to form an online support group. if anyone else is interested please let me know, I'd appreciate it. the email address is _[removed]_

I have heard of others with this type of disorder so you are not alone. The thing that triggered this person's disorder was sexual abuse. Most of these types of strange patterns in behavior that one cannot seem to stop are a result of a traumatic event that happened in their life or long term exposure to a bad environment when growing up. I would recommend seeing a mental health professional.

Hi im so glad im not alone, ive been battling with chew and spit for ages and its starting to depress me bug time.
I never sleep anymore and i find myself waking up in the middle of the night rading the cupboards and fridge for anything i know i shouldnt eat. Its like ocd i cant help it no matter how much i say during the day im not gonna do it.
Ive suffered with an eating disorder for about 3 years its getting better and im eating more but the last 6 months the urge to chew and spit is driving me crazy and when i wake up i feel huge fat and horrible because of it.
does anyone know if it can make you gain weight? because my dietician said you probably consume some of the calories. jam is my worst culprit and im so embarrased because my mum questions me all the time.
i really need some support xxxxxxx

samanthablue,

if you're interested, i'd love to have us support each other while we fight this nasty habit. let me know

hi,
i'm from Poland and i have the same problem. C&S is my nasty habit. Nobody knows about it. sometimes i'm really ashamed. It's horrible, i know, oh, i know... I'm doing it about 6 months. So far I'm loosing weight but you should know, that it is really possible that i have an eating disorder, I eat 300 kcal/day plus some c&s, not much, how manny calories it can be? Not so many, I swallow... crumbs, so...
It is hard battle. I can't see end of it.
Take care of yourself! (and I said that. Funnyyyy...:] )
M.

hey yea that would be amazing because i feel like noone understands me it would be a great help x

Have you guys been keep ing in touch with one another?

well i wanted to but i havent had a reply yet

I wanna know if there are still ppl. outthere who WISH to stop this but are NOT successful no mater how big their wish is? If there is and you're one of them PLEEEASE get to me cause I feel like I'm losing my mind already

That would be me.  I have been doing this for years now.  At 1st, I lost weight/kept weight off but now I blow up like a balloon with bloating and water retention - which of course makes me feel worse so what do I do?  c/s more!  Makes no sense but I haven't been able to stop.