Hey everyone. My sister was always "bigger" than me. I never had problems with my weight, even if I do eat a lot. She eats less than me and she was always...fat... She tried so many diets and exercise programs, but nothing was helpful. Not because she couldn't lose her weight, but because she would give up from it very soon. She told me that she can't take it. A couple of days ago, I came home earlier and I caught her spitting out foods. I never told her that I saw that. Tell me, is Spitting Out Food an Eating Disorder?

Hey.

Sure it is. It is eating and physical disorder as well. So, your sister is having a problem and who knows for how long this is happening to her. Chewing and spitting out foods can lead to some bad issues, such as anorexia and bulimia. My advice is to talk to your sister about this, you should let her know that you saw her while she was doing this and you need to find out for how long she is doing this. 

She can have serious problems in her life. I am afraid that she saw this as one of the ways to lose her weight.

Tell me, have you noticed that she lost some weight? 

Hey, I think that I should tell her, but I want to tell this to her when my mom arrives from her business trip. I was suspecting even before that she is having problems with it, but I never were able to find this out. I think that I caught her three years ago throwing up for no reason, but she told me that she ate something bad in school. Yes, I can see that she lost some weight, not that much to be honest, but she is pale and she is tire always. So, I know that this can lead to some ugly physical and health disorder, but I am sure that she will tell that this is not true, that she is not doing this and I don't know how to prove it.

Good day. Your sister needs help. I could say that this is a silent killer, if you know what I mean. This can literally kill her and she won't notice this because she believes that what she is doing is OK and correct. A lot of people start to spit food when they realize that they do have some extra weight, but that they still can eat and feel this amazing taste of food without getting fat. They start to chew, than spit out the food without realizing what this could do to their health. You need to try to talk to your sister, she really needs help. 

If she wants to lose weight, this is certainly not a way to do it. It is very unhealthy and she might get in bigger problems than she probably thinks.

It can lead to anorexia, just like someone above already mentioned. This is something that needs to be stopped immediately because it is very hard to stop it later on and later she might need professional help, psychologist, dietitian, or even a psychiatrist. So be sure to talk to her, maybe to your mom first so that she can talk to your sister, she is older and more mature, she will know what to do.

Yeah, it is. It is a pretty nasty disorder, if you ask me. I had a friend who was suffering from this disorder and he never managed to get over this, to get rid of it. He tried, at the time when we were spending a lot of time together, he was really trying to fight this and to get over it. I just saw him again, a couple of days ago, and he told me that he is still suffering from the same thing and that he can't do anything about it. I have to admit that he looks horrible now.

Yeah, it is. And a funny one, don't you think? Well, sorry, I guess it's not really funny when it is your sister in question, but I had the opportunity to meet someone suffering from this disorder and it was kind of funny for me to watch him eat. We were actually in a restaurant and he had an empty plate which he used to spit in it. 

Anyway, we had a mutual friend who introduced us and later on he told me that he is seeing a psychologist about all that and that he is actually getting better, so that might be a good thing to do.