Users comments and reviews on article Hypothyroidism and the weight battle by SirGan

in march of 2008 my doctor found out that I had hypothyroidism.. before my doctor found out I had hypothyroidism I was super thin had lots of energy and could eat anything i wanted and not gain a pound. I have gained about 35 pounds since then.. and now that my thyroid has been treated for over a year and is normal why is it no matter what I do I can not lose the weight I gained before finding out I had hypothyroidism?? I have done everything from workout plans, diets, counting calories, exercise routines.. the list goes on.. it just seems like no matter what I do I can't lose the weight.. And it's really taking a toll on my life. I don't feel sexy anymore.. I hate even being naked in front of my husband. I really need to lose this weight but i'm stuck..

Note the article is written by a neurosurgeon, thus his misinformation regarding weightloss in hypothyroid patients.
New research has shown that other hormone dysfunctions often accompany hypothyroidism, leading to the continued weight gain even once levels have returned to "normal".
Further testing must be done to determine what the proper course of treatment is for the hypothyroid patient who continues to gain weight, even with normal lab values for thyroid. There are studies which have shown that sometimes the metabolism is such that a hypothyroid patient must work out 2 HOURS a day to not GAIN weight... thus >2 hours a day workouts are required to lose weight.