Hello my name is Kassey and i am 5 4 weigh a little over 300 lbs we recently found out that I have hypothyroidism and I take meds for it and I am moving all the time I have seemed to lose a little weight but I cant seem to lose enough I really need advice on what else I should do..

Once thyroid function is restored, the ability to lose weight is the same as someone without the condition. However, it is not uncommon for those being treated for hypothyroidism to lose weight at a slightly slower rate. Adjusting weight-loss expectations to take this into account is an often recommended strategy for those working to lose the weight gained prior to the diagnosis of hypothyroidism.

If you have hypothyroidism, you will find it difficult to lose weight. Most people would gain weight if they suffer from hypothyroidism. 

New Member

It very difficult to e weight while suffering from Hypothyroidism, as Hypothyroidism can lower your metabolism, which means you need fewer calories, making it more difficult to enough calories to generate a significant weight loss. It is better to consult with a dietitian.