Hello! I got pregnant a month ago. I heard that many pregnant women develop thyroid problems during their pregnancies. I haven’t had any problems with thyroid before, neither did anybody in my family. However, I would still like to know what may be the symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Thank you in advance!

Hi there! I have hypothyroidism, and that is the worst thing that may have happened to me. I hate this awful, desperate feeling that I can’t lose any weight no matter what I do. Symptoms of hypothyroid are: fatigue, weight gain, feeling cold, forgetfulness, constipation, slow heart beat, goiter, muscle and joint aches, hair loss and dry skin. The symptoms of hyperthyroid are: nervousness and irritability, weight loss, rapid heart beat, more frequent stools, feeling too warm, goiter and eye irritation and vision problems. But these are not just the symptoms of hyperthyroid. If you develop any of the symptoms, it doesn’t have to mean you have thyroid disorder. Anyway, good luck with your pregnancy!

I have had symptoms of what I thought was hypothyroid: like weight gain & fatigue, my sister and daughter have this and my mother also was hypo. But my blood test showed that I was hyperthyroid. I have a tremor and a few other symptom of hyper. I'm going to be going for an uptake and ultrasound, but I don't understand about the weight gain if I'm hyperthyroid. I have been the same weight since high school and I'm 55 now <G> In the last 2 months I have gained over 10 lbs!!
I'm confused! Isn't that a symptom :-)

Thanks for any help...this is new to me.

Quote:

I'm confused! Isn't that a symptom Smile

LOL yes :)
You can get hyper symptoms with Hashimotos disease. Please make sure you have been tested for TPOs and TGab's. Thyroiditis does some wierd things.

Good luck
Dawnx

I've been having symptons of hyperthyroidism: tremors, attacks 2 the brain, weakness, fatigue, restless, pressure in the back of my eyes, just very awful feeling like i'm about to pass out or sometimes like i'm dying, but my blood test come out normal, what eles could this be or is there other ways 2 have my thyroids checked?

Thanks,