Users comments and reviews on article Obsessive jealousy by SirGan

Wow, there are so many different varieties of jealousy! I hadn't really figured that there were so many so reading about this is very interesting. Thanks for posting on this as it is really good food for thought!

How do you deal with someone like this? When they are not willing to admit that they are this jealous?

My partner has suffered from delusional jealously otherwise known as othello syndrome for well over fifteen years now and it has gradually got worse. It's only recently that I have found out that the condition is recognised and is a real problem in psychiatric terms because it is definately a real problem for me. I've lived with all the horrendous accusations and everything that goes with it for years because I did not know who to turn to for help, part of me believed it would get better by itself IT DOESN'T, and most importantly the embarrasement of it all kept me stuck. The sufferer also believes that there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, their thoughts or their perspective. After wasting all those valuable years of my life I am really quite resentful now and believe that my partner will never change so if you're reading this DO SOMETHING NOW don't waste time hoping for things to get better THEY WON'T. All said and done its really quite sad that there isn't alot more known about this condition as I'm sure alot of women expereince it.

I ask the same question as Hettiene: How do you respond or cope with someone who is totally unable to acknowledge their jealousy or insecurities ??

very helpful article