Users comments and reviews on article Shellfish Allergy Symptoms and Treatments by Dr. Shelley Narula

Great resource on shellfish allergies. I found this article quite informative even though I do not have allergies and no one in my family experiences shellfish allergies. I thought it was very interesting that you do not normally grow out of shellfish allergies but they are life-long, unlike children who are diagnosed with egg white allergies, peanut allergies, or cow milk allergies. Those type of allergies are usually out-grown by the time a child reaches puberty or even adult-hood. This is a good resource on shellfish allergy symptoms.

Nice information

Thank you for the suggestion on keeping distance while seafood (shellfish for me) is being cooked. I am 35 and JUST became highly allergic (not in throat but breakouts of hives are very fierce). I went to the beach w/crabs and shrimp present and although I didn't ingest any I broke out severely with hives several hours later. sigh!

Very nice information ;-)