Users comments and reviews on article Fibromyalgia Treatment by Dr. Shelley Narula

I have found using MSM and L Lysine to really reduce the pain and exhaustion from my fibro. The MSM acts as an anti imflammatory, and the L Lysine inhibits the herpes virus (Epstein Barr) from re activating. Helping my cellular system to become aerobic ( more energy and pain free muscles after exercise) instead of anaerobic (no energy and lactic acid being produced as by product of exercise, causing severe pain in muscles) High doses of vitamin C and magnesium are a must also. They are part of the ATP cycle...make energy in the muscles. Also potassium is very important for fluid exchange within cells....keeping fluids moving and preventing inflammation.
Hope this Helps.

I am a 42 year old woman and have had fibromyalgia for over 10 years ! I have tried Cymbaltia and have had many side effects. Also I am allergic to NSAIDS and have trouble with different medications, However I do take Lrica at the highest dose. I also take morphine slow release 45mg. 88mg for my throyd, 20mg of lexapro and xanax 1mg for aniety and sleep. I am on disability for this because my pain is so bad..I do get out and walk and go places I would like to know what kind of doctor I SHOULD be seeing for this can anyone help ! sicka and tired of being sick and tired :-) HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you

I was diagnosed with Fibro last year. I cannot take the medications (Cymbalta, Lyrica, neroton) either. I also had to go on disability because the pain is so severe.

I feel the doctor best suited to treat Fibro is a rheumotologist.

One thing that has always been in the back of my mind is if my thyroid condition has anything to do with this condition. My thyroid levels are fine, doctors tell me as long as they are okay it shouldn't be the issue. But do doctors know everything?!

One thing that I found helped me somewhat was large units of Vit D. During one of the blood test they found my Vit D levels to be extremely low. I was put on 15,000 units twice a week for 3 months.
Have you had your Vit D level checked? This might be a good option for you to try.

Back to the thyroid....what kind of thyroid medication do you take?

Anyone else out there been diagnosed with Fobromyalgia that also has a thyroid condition?

Wow, I just noticed that kariB posted some very important information on this! I was not aware that there was a vitamin D correlation with this condition so I think that's helpful for people to know if they were not already aware. I certainly wasn't so if there's something that I need to tell someone about this I certainly will because I don't think that many people were aware of it. Thanks for posting on proper treatment of this condition!

One thing I failed to mention.
When taking this high of Vit D dosage (15,000 units twice a week) it should be monitored by a doctor. You can get too much Vit D which can cause negative results. That is why this high of dosage is presciption only.

Just to let all u fellow sufferers kno,there IS a medication that has helped me dramatically,i am 35 yrs old and have severe Fibro,and i hav 3 young children,i am no longer able to work,but this medication has helped make my pain a bit more bearable for day to day life,it's called

PREGABALIN

PLS giv it a try,also helps me sleep. good luck xx

I just noticed your reply. Thanks for posting about that too. I don't think a lot of people realize that you can OD on vitamins, so it's good that you pointed that out.

To anyone that is not aware Pregabalin is the generic name for Lyrica. So if you cannot take Lyrica more than likely you will not do well with Pregabalin either.
To bluedog's reply. Yes people can easily get too many vitamins. That is why if you take more than the daily recommended dosage you should do it under a doctors care. I do not recommend taking a high dosage of anything whether it be vitamins or herbs without a professional over seeing your usage and a blood test to check your levels.
Hope this helps all of you Fibromyalgia sufferers.