Users comments and reviews on article Using tampons: Teenage girls by MariAnne

This is a fantastic and very helpful article! I don't know any teens who would benefit from this but if I ever do, I will steer them towards this because they really should know about it. Thanks again for posting this!

My grand daughter is nine. She has started her cycle, She want to use tampons.Is this safe foe her at this age?

It is not true that tampons do not stop flow. If I use a tampon immediately when I detect the first sign of blood, my flow stops for at least one day. An article my a Dr online reads that if you have a narrow cervix the tampon may act a bandage, putting pressure on the area and forming a clot preventing the blood from flowing.

this is nice it teaches girls my age alot of stuff

I put on my first tampon today. When I pushed the inner tube in blood squirted out . It was enough to get on all of the applicator. What did I do wrong?

You probably became to tense that caused the vaginal muscles to contract.
It is best that you relax during tampon insertion.

well i started using tampons yesterday its so hard to insert

my girlfriend guided me while I sat on the toilet. She told me where to insert the tampon, and it worked!!! I'm not nervous and scared anymore when I get the tampon near my vagina. I used to cry everytime I tried to insert it. I even went to my doctor and when she tried to insert it, I cried again. Now I can't believe I waited so long to wear a tampon! I love it!