Users comments and reviews on article Hashimoto's Disease & Hyperthyroidism by MariAnne

Great article. Answered all my questions.

Very good article. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto a few years back, however I am still gaining weight, muscle aches and hair loss along with NO energy. I take 125 mcg a day.

Very good article. It answer all of my questions I was diagnosed with hashimoto and mine is hyper so loss of weight and depressed and now I see why after reading more about it and more about the symptoms.

No doctor wanted to give me some treatment for my Hashimoto disease. I had to fight to get 100 mcg a day. I was over 4, TSH, was unable to sleep less than 16 hours a day, took 60 pounds, my blood pressure was too high, no libido, hair falling, and they told me it was nervous and wanted to put me on Prozac..... Of course, I just slept even more, and had severe back pain, and acute pains in my legs and feet. I was nearly unable to walk. I was depressed, yes.... to feel that way. That's not nervous breakdown !!!
Finally I found out a doctor who gave me the treatment, 8 months ago. I feel much better, but now, I have to repair all the things their indifference and sloppiness made to me... while taking my money....

I was diagnosed with Hashis two years ago, since then my specialist and I have been working hard to stabilize my condition through diet, exercise and supplements. B12 reversed my anemia. I am now on D3 as we have identified vitamin D deficiency. The biggest change I have made is eliminating sugar and high starch foods from my diet refer to ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed this has literally changed my life. Over the past 12 months I have easily lost 15kgs and generally feel a lot better.

Just had my 50th birthday, and diagnosed yesterday with Hashimoto's. Have been bone-tired, achy and depressed for several years. Force myself to exercise every day and eat a healthy, natural, high nutrient diet, but still gaining weight (10kgs so far)and feeling bad, with bad hair, hair loss: dry and brittle, and prematurely grey.

About to commence treatment at a low dose of 125mg