hey ... i was wondering whether i can use tampons while swimming ! like i have national competitions this month in swimming and i like going to the beach an stuff ... so ? shall i use tampons ?or does pads do the job and stop leaking ! i've never used tampons , is it painful ? and will i lose my virginity for a tampon ? and i know how to insert a tampon but is there any chance that the tampon may stuck into my vagina and i'd have to go to a doctor and embarrass myself ? please answer me as soon as you can , i have a swimming test after a week !
thanks

Hello there.

Using tampons when you are swimming is actually the best idea. But you need to be aware of the fact that in this case, you should change it more often, after an hour and a half the most. Why? Because tampon is collecting water when you are swimming and it "grows" if you know what I mean. It is going to be bigger and wider because of the water.

Anyway, you can't lose your virginity if you are using tampons, that is not possible. Sure, it can be sucked into your vagina but that is why you have that string to pull it out. You don't have to pull strong, do it carefully and very gentle. 

pads in water DONT WORK. first off.. tampons are made to be used to go into bodies of water when your bleeding cuz if you use a pad.. its gonna fill up the second you get in the water. tampons dont hurt, take seconds to insert, and it physically CANNOT get lost inside you. if you lose the string all you have to do is stick two fingers in a fish it out. your vagina is only 6 inches big and above that is a wall of skin protcting the cervix. the only hole that the cervix has is as small as the tip of a sharpned pencil. so no worries. it doesnt hurt at all and trust me, you will be very capable of handling this. NEVER use pads in bodies of water sweetie. tampons it is!