im 13 years old ive had my period for about a year im a virgin and have never used tampons. i live in melbourne australia so i have pretty much NO selection in tampons only U by kotex (no applicator & low/medium obsorbancy) & libra (applicator & ONLY come it super obsorbancy) i dont want to use tampons with high obsorbancy coz of TSS. i have some U by kotex tampons for my obsorbancy and i tried putting one in the other day but i could only get it in like 2cm, it hurt! i kept kinda 'pushing' on different agles (i know to do it on an angle not straight up) i was deffenitly in the right hole there was a tad of stuff cumin out & i had a mirror. soz if its to much info why was it hurting am i doing it wrong? i was sitting down on my bed with towel underneath i couldnt do it standing up!

Hi.

There is nothing bad about using tampons as long as you are feeling comfortable. But if you are a beginner you should know that tampons are a little bit tricky to insert if you don't have this applicator. That is why you should choose tampons with an applicator.

But if you don't have it, here is what you need to do. Find a comfortable position to put it. 

I prefer to put it while I am sitting or when I raise my leg on the bathtub for example. This is the best position for me and I feel best in that position. 

I think that you were not able to stand up because tampon is dry and you feel some discomfort. Maybe you should use lubricant to put tampon easy. 

hey im in the exact same situation as u sis!!! i feel ur pain, can someone please answer?;) much appreciated by me and the other 'melbournian' girl:)