I am 30 years old, soon to be 31 married to my husband of almost seven years. He had a vasectomy almost two years ago before he went on a year long deployment. I just found out today that I am pregnant with our fourth child. He does not want to keep the baby because he does not think that we can financially support another child. He wants me to take an abortion pill, but says that he will support me if I choose to keep it, although he wants me to know what he wants to do. I am faced with the decision of aborting my unborn child or forcing my husband to support another child. I desperately need some advice.

Hi Bottsig,

Did he have the follow up testing after the vasectomy to make sure that it was complete?

If not, he needs to accept his part in creating this baby.

It's both you and your husbands decision. 

As tough as it is you will get by.

Good luck.

He went on deployment shortly after having it so he wasn't able to check until he got back this past November. We were told that there were still some left but the count was very low. We had been using a back up method but not every time.

The vasectomy failed. There should be no sperm within a short time of the procedure, certainly no longer than a month or two, (6 weeks it typical) at most.

I know that doesn't help now.

No one here can/should make that decision for you. You both knew the risks of having unprotected sex.

I try to stick just to facts as my opinion is irrelevant here. Sorry.

Why not adoption? People would line up to adopt a healthy baby.Nine months isn't that long to save a life and give your child a whole lifetime of living. Your husband could very easily have had any dr. or medic check his sperm count in his semen using any microscope. Many troops get their vasectomies during deployments and get semen checks at military medical centers all the time. He knew the risks and his role in making this pregnancy. Very seriously, if he is so intent on no more kids, maybe he should get himself fully castrated next time to make sure he won't have any more kids? That would ensure no sperm for sure for him ever again. He can take artifical testosterone replacements to stay completely virile and fully able to have sex and remain a full man after a castration. Lots of men on here are already doing that due to accidents and disease loss of both of their two testicles. That's the most foolproof way to get sterilized ever known to man and science. No better birth control. Stockmen, farmers, and ranchers all successfully use it millions of times every year on livestock. Why not on a man not wanting any kids?