MY HUSBAND IS 60 YEARS OLD AND HE HAD A TESTOSTERONE TEST THIS MORNING AND WE CAN'T FIQURE IT OUT...WHAT SHOULD WE LOOK FOR ON THE LAB WORK?

Hi letherneck.

Normal testosterone levels may vary from one person to another. Testosterone usually drops down to 350 to 890 ng/dL in men between the ages of 40 to 59 years, and then stays between 350 and 720 ng/dL after the age of 60. So anything in this range should be considered as a normal level of testosterone for a 60 years old. Also, a lot of recent studies report a decline in American men’s testosterone levels during the last couple of years that is not related to normal aging. There is a lot of pollutants in our everyday lives that could affect testosterone levels or cause hormonal imbalance in both men and women.
It's expected that your husbands tests results will be somewhat lower, because decline in testosterone levels due aging is quite normal. However, if the test shows levels lower than 350ng/dL, then your husband should consult his MD for a treatment. It will be hormonal therapy, usually injections or creams, that will help your husband regain balance.
Good luck.

Im reading that the normal is not the lower end. I am 370 and and reading that I should try for higher yet my doctor says I dont need it . I also take dhea which is supposed to help with it .

How significant is a high level of stress and lack of sleep for a period of time, on a very active and healthy 60 year old male, on his testosterone levels. And if this person regains a normal strees and sleep level does the testosterone adjust itself accordingly? 

You should look for a new Dr .

My husband takes bio-identical pellets, the most safe type with no dangerous side effects like rx ones. You have to do a search for that type given in your area. They do men and women both, so hes a gyn! They dont have to worry about ins guidelines, so they can get you where you are healthiest feeling, using bloodtests to tweak. It is the only way to go thats safer and taken every 6 to 8 months.Our ins just quit covering under Obamacare ins disaster, but is worth the cash if you can manage. He is fatigued, and sleeps all the time when his is low, and started noticeably losing muscle mass! Do yourself a favor and find dr who specializes in bio-identical. They're out there!

I just got tested and I'm 60 and strong as hell 6ft5 300 lbs and mine was 61 the range was 375 to 1200,, I don't get it I'm strong as hell,, I must have alot of adrenalin in my body ,

Your a freak of nature!!!!

What did dr say? My husband just tested 60 and his Ultra fit crossfit instructor.

My T count per my dr. was T1. What does that mean. I am 60 yrs old.

At your size you should be strong even at 60.

what do you consider strong as hell? I am 66