I’ve heard that certain food may lower testosterone level. I avoid eating meat, am not completely vegetarian because eat milk products and chicken sometimes. I like healthy food: low fat, carbohydrates and vitamins. Can this lead to lower testosterone level? I have no problems with my libido, am married and sexually active. We still don’t have children, should I test my sperm count?

The fact is that as the fat is dropped in the diet, testosterone level would drop too. Eating proteins is important for good sperm account. Fish is also source of proteins and chicken too. Lean red meat is very rich in proteins, but you can substitute it with fish. Essential fatty acids are important in other metabolic pathways in organism. I haven’t heard that certain foods lower testosterone level, but avoiding certain food can lead to it.

Well having low testosterone can affect your sperm production and this may be the main reason why you still don’t have children. Have you considered to go to some fertility clinic and try to find the solution for this. I think that I can tell you several foods that might help you increase your testosterone levels. Do you like garlic and walnuts? I know some people don’t like and don’t eat garlic but I have to tell you that this can really help you so try to put garlic to your regular diet plan. Walnuts are also very helpful when it comes to low testosterone levels. My husband likes them a lot and I always tell him that they are very healthy.