Hi, I`m 21 years old man and think I have a low testosterone level (500 nanograms per deciliter). Heard about testosterone therapy and thinking about having one. Does anybody know something about that therapy? And, is it true that testosterone levels diminish with age?

Hi, first of all your testosterone level is normal, so you don`t have to go to testosterone therapy. However, I heard also about the therapy, but testosterone treatment doesn`t seem to be appropriate for most of men. Also, there is a concern that supplemental testosterone will have some harmful long-term effects on the body that is aging (thicken blood and increased risk of a stroke). And so called “male menopause”, caused by diminishing testosterone levels in aging men, is for real. As aging, your body will produce less testosterone. But, many older men have their level within the normal range of younger men. Here is something better for you: the testosterone level should be between 300 and 1000 ng/dl. These are normal values for men.