Could 4 lievel cervical fusion and/or pressure on spinal cord restricting cerebral spinal fluid to the brain have caused mild brain damage?  i can't remember things and don't grasp learning new material as before; chronic pain and numbness permanent; worry about future need for disc deterioration/replacement/ fusion for above/below 4 level fusion....

Hello, maya ordeal.  I do not believe the cervical fusion could cause brain damage.  I can see that if you have some impingement of the nerves in that general area, then you could have problems with walking or having numbness in your upper extremities. There wouldn't be any physiological reason you would have brain damage from it.  If you are having problems with learning new material and other issues, see your doctor. Are you on any prescription medication?  There could be medications that can cause problems with the mental capacities of learning and remembering.  How old are you?  People of older age tend to have occasional memory lapses and learning new things, however, there are some that have the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease.  You should address your problem as soon as possible.  I do not believe your problem is spine-related but something else.  I wish you the best.

Has anyone else had symptoms of memory loss after having cervical fusions?

I agree with Maya. I've experienced memory loss and have difficulty with speech. Chronic pain and fatigue all over.