So me and my husband are trying to get pregnant had sex starting on March 28-30 so we had sex 3 times with no protection and he cumed inside of me those 3 days of sex. My period usually goes by 28 days till I get the next one and last up to 5 days my last period was on the 4th of March till the 8th usually 5 days long all the time. Just got my period yesterday afternoon again on the 31st of March. Usually its really heavy the first 2 days with really strong cramps. But not this time it has been really light and later in the night it got real heavy and now today the 2nd day of my period its starting up low again at first I was thinking its spotting but im not sure either if its my period or if im spotting. But the 31st was supposed to be the day I got my period anyways. My breast are a little tender but other then that im not having nausea but im been feeling really full and my apiete has changed somewhat. Could I be pregnant even if I got my period because I was so close to my period anyways trying to conceive. And should I wait at least a week or 2 after my period to take a pregnancy test.

Hi Guest,

It's unlikely you are pregnant, the timing is poor.  You are at your LOWEST fertility just before your period.  Ideally, you'd have sex just before you ovulate which usually is between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  Day 1 is when your period starts.

So, about two weeks AFTER you start your period your should be near peak fertility.

Hope it helps.

But we had sex a couple of times after my period on the 4th without protection to but he would pull out then and we just now decided to conceive

Lola,

It doesn't sound like spotting. Spotting is VERY light bleeding, no pad needed.

The odds of pregnancy are about 1 chance in 5 when everything is "perfect." It all depends upon when you had sex and when you ovulate.

Give it a few days and see what develops.