I been having unprotected sex wt my boyfriend since they day i got off my period i just want to know can i be pregnant already ? when should i take a pregnancy test? this will be my second child with my boyfriend really looking forward to this i need help can you guys help me.? thank you  :-D

Hi Maryjane,

It's probably a bit early, it depends upon when you ovulate.

When did your period start?  That's day 1.  Assuming a 5-6 day period, you started around the 25th of January.  Today would be day 12.

Normally, you ovulate sometime between day 11-16.  You are at peak fertility just before you ovulate.  48 hours after ovulation it's too late.  The egg isn't viable.  Sperm can remain viable for about 5 days.  So having sex from about day 6 on increases your chances.

Remember, even when everything is perfect the odds of pregnancy are about 1 in 5.  There are no guarantees you'll get pregnant.

You need to wait at least 2 weeks after having sex to test for pregnancy.  Even then the testing is unreliable.  Wait until your period at the earliest, 7-10 days later (if no period) would increase the accuracy.  Testing early you WILL get a negative test.

Hope it helps.

Well i got off my period on february 2nd 2012 and started then. So my best days to start would be on the 11th of this month to the 16th and before 48 hours correct. Thnak you so much for your help :)

Yes, up until day 18, the 16th + 48 hours.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help :D

if your cycle is normal : 28 days , then you will ovulate at the 14 day starting day 1 of your period . if your cycle is 29 days then you will ovuate 15 days staring day 1 of your period . anyway , stop alcohol or cigare . ovulation symptoms : white disharge in the morning , hight temperture . however sperm live in the vagina for 24 hours . start doing sex before u ovulate . (not daily , 4 times a week ) and don't stop even if you think your pregnant for encrasing too be pregnant . good luck :):)

I have a similar problem, my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex, he didnt cum, but i heard that when a male is aroused there is a fluid that comes out that can create life. i started my period a day or two after it ended Sunday, February 5- 2012 and i have been feeling sick and peeing a little more than i normally do. Im 15 years old, and im scared. i dont believe in abortion, and my guardians are super religious in Christianity, i need help. any help will be appreciated. thank you.

Thank you maria :) will fallow all your advice i'm excited :D. @ RSP well i have heard that pre cum can get you pregnant as well but anytime when you have a ccident when you just got off your period your safe well its happend to me and so far i havnt got pregnant. My best advice is use protection or get on birth control your to youg doll enjoy your teen years and do it sade xoxo good luck. 

I meant do it safe and protect your self good luck

thank you so much i am taking a pregnancy test on the 20 or 29 which is closer to the day im supposed to have my period.