Hi. I'm 19 year old female and I have some questions concerning my dental health. You see, I have these big gaps between my teeth and about three years ago my parents took me to the dentist who putted me braces. I don’t know how you feel about it but, for me, it represents big problem.
Beside the fact that it looks terrible when I smile, they are very unpleasant to wear when you eat, read or sing.
I should wear them for about a year more and I was just wondering what could happen if I remove it earlier than I suppose to.
Any ideas?

I'm very sorry to say this and don’t get insulted but I haven’t hear more stupid thing in my life. Y
ou, or you parents, spent a lot of money on your braces and you want to take it off before.
You probably don’t know that removing the braces, before than you should, could make things a lot worse than it was before.
The removing of braces is calculated so your teeth will end up with their growing and stood firm at the same time when you remove it.
If you do this earlier you teeth could become loose.
Wait a year more because; believe me, if you remove your braces you will regret to the rest of your life. Be patient and things will start to improve.

I wouldn't take them off any earlier than they needed to be because if you take them off and they arent ready you're teeth might go back more crooked than they were before the braces were put on.

Trust me I know waht you're going through. I've had braces for a long time too, They suck, and are hard to eat with.. but hang in there, Once you're orthadonist takes them off you'll be glad you waited :-)

I would to be honest I have braces and everytime i got there he says im getting them off the next time and hes been saying this for a year and im so tired of the pain when you first get them and i mean my teeth are straight enough my mom told him i want them off but he refuses to take them off and says im not ready But i think hes full of it

If your remove your braces before completion of the treatment the condition of your teeth will become more severe than it was starting of the treatment.your teeth will become loose and it results more gaps between the teeth again. It may ultimately lead to falling of your teeth.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed