Hello, folks. My son is an adolescent. He was diagnosed scoliosis. His doctor suggests him to wear back braces. I wonder how this works. Are there other treatment options for scoliosis except these braces? I would really like to know that. I will appreciate all your replies to my post. Thanks.

Hello. Scoliosis is crooked spine. It looks like letter C or S. Almost 20% of teenagers need to wear back braces. It is still the most effective non-operative treatment method for this condition. This brace stops the spine to become more curved than it is. With most of these people this will be enough. However, a smaller number of patients with braces will need surgery. You should discuss this with your son’s doctor. Bye!

I found out i had scoliosis when i was 12. I have never worn a brace and my spine, last time i checked, is at 50 degrees. I use to go to the chiropractor and that helped me a lot! I lucked out and my mother is a massage therapist who specializes in medical/sports massage. the combination of chiropractic care and massage helped with my back pain and the chiro helps the spine realign and reverse.