My teeth have always looked straight so i thought they were fine. I went to dentist month ago and they said i have a cross bite and if i wanted perfection should get braces. Mum and i decided no because my teeth look perfect from the front and didnt cause any pain etc.
NOW.... for the last 2 days my bottom front teeth have been really hurting and feel like they are being pushed back. This discomfort is al the time and wont go away. I have always had a gap in my two front teeth and now it looks like im getting one in my two bottom teeth! its all happening so quick. Just the past 2-3 days!
Does this mean braces are going to be the only things that will fix this or could this be something else to do with gums. I am so worried. My teeth are all straight so if i had to get braces would it be not as expensive? i would get clear ones definatly if i could.

If the pain is bothering you, make an appointment to see the dentist and explain your concerns. Other than that, cross bites are normal. My dad has one, never had braces. Yeah, it looks bad, but it doesn't cause any pain. This could be different in your case though. I would suggest going in to see the dentist. Does it hurt when you eat or clamp your teeth together?

At the age of 21 I had to have all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed. I was then told that I need to get braces because I have a space problem in my mouth (too many teeth for my small mouth). Of course I was working and the thought of wearing braces at that age was a joke to me (so I left it). Through the years I noticed changes in my mouth (teeth started over-lapping) and I often had minor pain especially lower jaw. When I was 30 I developed an abcess below my lower front teeth which pained - I reluctantly went and saw a dentist. BY THE WAY I AM TOTALLY PETRIFIED OF DENTISTS BECAUSE I GAG THE MOMENT THINGS ARE PUT INTO MY MOUTH. Anyway to cut a long story short in a matter of one year I had 3 root canals and as a result of one of the root canals I cracked a tooth which had to then be removed (which by the way was extremely traumatic for me). I then decided that I was not prepared to loose any more teeth and went to see an orthodontist. I have a traumatic over bite and space problem and at the age of 37 am wearing braces (the metal ones). So moral of the story - dont delay having braces put in (especially if you need them) because the problem is not going to go away - it may get worse. If I had worn the braces when I was 21 I would probably not have lost my tooth or had the root canals. Good Luck.

At the age of 21 I had to have all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed. I was then told that I need to get braces because I have a space problem in my mouth (too many teeth for my small mouth). Of course I was working and the thought of wearing braces at that age was a joke to me (so I left it). Through the years I noticed changes in my mouth (teeth started over-lapping) and I often had minor pain especially lower jaw. When I was 30 I developed an abcess below my lower front teeth which pained - I reluctantly went and saw a dentist. BY THE WAY I AM TOTALLY PETRIFIED OF DENTISTS BECAUSE I GAG THE MOMENT THINGS ARE PUT INTO MY MOUTH. Anyway to cut a long story short in a matter of one year I had 3 root canals and as a result of one of the root canals I cracked a tooth which had to then be removed (which by the way was extremely traumatic for me). I then decided that I was not prepared to loose any more teeth and went to see an orthodontist. I have a traumatic over bite and space problem and at the age of 37 am wearing braces (the metal ones). So moral of the story - dont delay having braces put in (especially if you need them) because the problem is not going to go away - it may get worse. If I had worn the braces when I was 21 I would probably not have lost my tooth or had the root canals. Then again if I had had regular check ups as a child this could have all been avoided. I also think that having your braces when you are young is so much easier than when you are older (it has not been easy but hey - 16 months to go). Good Luck.

i have crooked teeth and im already 29 now...its ok to put braces?plz help me...tnx