Hello. I'm 22 year old male and three days ago I woke up with this terrible pain in my jaw, especially on my right side.
I don’t know what could cause this. The pain is like someone punched me the day before in my jaw.
At first, I thought that some bad tooth could cause this but all my teeth are healthy and this is not the cause, I'm sure. I didn’t contact any doctor over this because I was sure the pain will disappear in a day or two but I was wrong- as I said- earlier- the pain last already three days and I don’t know what to do about it. Should I contact my dentist and could it be something serious? Please help if you have some ideas what this could be!

Hello. I recognize all your symptoms and I know how you are feeling right now. I have felt the same thing about two years ago. Unlike you, I have contacted my dentist imidiately because I was very frightened and he has discovered that my wisdom teeth are growing, that it is quite normal and that pain will present about two weeks. It was just like the doctor said. He has also mentioned that this pain could be caused with poorly aligned teeth. If this is the cause I suggest you to start wearing braces because your situation could only get worse.
There is also one unusual thing that could cause this- night teeth grinding. Many people grind their teeth overnight and suffer from this condition regularly.
You will never know the right cause before you contact your dentist.