Hi. Anybody with a pesky little white spots on nails? I have always had healthy nails but now some sort of white spots has appeared and don’t know how to remove them. My nails are always clean and I moisturize them frequently. Does anybody know what could be the cause of those ugly white spots and how to get rid of them?

Hi. The presence of white spots on nails is quite common. White spots are caused by a mild trauma (to the nail), a lot of calcium intake... They usually mean your body is removing of too much calcium. Or, you need more calcium. Maybe it was the vitamin deficiency (vitamin D, or E, not sure about that). But, the most common cause is calcium deficiency. You should drink more milk and regularly have calcium pills to remove the white spots. Just don`t try to buff the white spots off (or your nails will become brittle).

Hi I've heard a couple of things 1st is when you bump or hit you nail it leaves the little white marks like a bruise would anywhere else and 2nd is that your zinc deficient. i think it's the first, Cheers

I have them on just about all my fingers which is very serious and very bad because it means I am not getting enough calcium. This will cause the nails to be detroyed and become weak and painfull. I am now drinking 2 pints of milk a day and I have been doing this for 3 days then I went to one pint a day for 3 days and there more or less gone. It is a nasty thing this but if you don't like milk, yogurt or cheese then eat raw jelly cuz I've hear this helps. remember everyone you must drink milk (or eat anything that has calcium in it) reguraly to avoid it but don't drink too much because this can also cuz white spots to appear. If your not sure about the white spots on your nails then consult a doctor and he/she may give you some antifungal tablets which should cure it in 12 weeks. Anyway drink milk and you will be fine

In my humble opinion we shouldn't be giving medical advice (requesting someone to take pills, vitamins, etc). If you google white spots on nails, you will find from a physician post that the calcium deficiency is a myth. The most common cause of white spots on nails is from banging your finger or bruising the nail bed. The bruises (white spots) don't show up for a few weeks and then you have forgotten you hit your nail. 2nd cause is zinc deficiency, however you would have hair loss and low immune system present, too. Hope this helps, and if you think you have a deficiency, go to your doctor and get a test before you take any pills or vitamins. :-)

Thanks that realy helped!

:)