Hello, guys. I have a problem with my teeth. It seems that I have my canine teeth going high in the gums. I hear that braces should fix the problem, but on the other hand some people recommend retainers. I would like to know which ones are right. I hope someone will help me with this.

Hello. You should go to the dentist. He will then refer you to orthodontist. Retainer is made from plastic or metal. It is placed on the top of teeth or mouth. Retainers are usually worn after taking off the braces. Braces consist of wire, band and other materials. There are different kinds of braces. I hope this helps. Let me know what your dentist said.

i have one missing canine tooth what should i do?

I think in your condition your best option would be a brace and after some time you can then go to retainers that are maid just for your teeth. Retainers are in charge of holding the teeth in their place after the braces have come off. They are very important in post brace care. I know that they are typically made of plastic of rubber, but sometimes they have metal wires in middle. For you condition you will have to wear them all the time. However your best advice will give you your dentist because he needs to see how much serious is the problem with your teeth. You can’t fix this without the visit.
Good luck,
Danella