ok, I have suffered from exteme nausea for about a year now. And i have also been suffering from some panic attacks/anxiety from it. i suppose. however, i have done all test possable for the nausea. And doctors find nothing wrong withme . just they are thinging its anxiety. i went and talked to a perfesonal. which she said that anxiety does cause nausea but its hard to say cause my nausea is all the time. Like i get NO relife! soo, we were talking and i was telling her my syptoms, and she says that it sounds very hormonal...Is it possable to be a Horrmonal thing? and if it is what are symptoms/ways to treat this. Cause i feel like im going through like pregnacy/or medapause! AND IM ONLY 18!!! :-) ok well. i hope someone can answer this long.................. question . thanks

Celebrity
Well, there are a few hormonal problems that could be causing nausea….among other symptoms. For example, being exposed too long to stress hormone.
Adrenal insufficiency is the body’s inability to fight with stress, meaning that the adrenal glands are not producing enough cortisol. This disorder could cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, weakness, fatigue, weight loss, etc
Thyroid gland disorders. Thyroid gland takes care of our metabolism and growth and when this gland is producing either too much or too little thyroid hormones, nausea may be felt.
However, nausea is never one of the main symptoms. For example, in overactive thyroid, a person would experience sweaty palms, sudden weight loss, a lump in the throat, etc and in the underactive thyroid, moodiness, weakness, weight gain and inability to lose any weight, etc
Hormonal levels could be checked in a blood test but hormonal check-up must be indicated.

I too have been suffering from the exact same thing for almost 1 year and have had numerous blood tests, x-rays ,etc done to me with no results. They keep insisting that there is nothing wrong with me also. My doctor has told me that it may be IBS that has been agrivated by stress. Unfortunately that doesn't relieve the discomfort. As far as it being hormonal I was questioning the same thing but have not yet gotten answers. Can you take the pill? Tried 2 seperate occations on different types and felt this exact way till I went off. Not quite sure what to tell you but if you figure it out let me know.

hey to reply to the last person that posted. Yah, trust me i still trying to figure out alot too! Its very annoying. But, i did a hormone blood test and one of my horomes were higher than usual. Went to a gynecologist. And she said i have PolyCystic Oviran Syndrome. You can google it up and find out more about it. But she put me on the pill to regulate my periods and such. Cause i wouldnt have a period for like 3 months. BUT.... The pill dont fix the problem. So i stop taking it cause i made things alot worse. Meaning More nausea. So i am done with that. So i'm curious if I have PCOS does nausea contribute to this or not?
Best of luck. And i will keep my results updated.

Just wanted to say that it could possibly be PMDD? I deal with nausea all the time and doctors are really stumped on what it could be. They want to run the endoscope on me and a ultrasound but i have no other symptoms that would related to to acid reflux or other problems, so it possibly would be a waste of my money and if you don't have insurance its not cool. (I plan on getting it soon) Well my one doctor talked to another doctor and said it possibly could be PMDD which is extreme PMS. Which makes sense because I started getting it when I did have my friend. Well I started a new medicine yesterday, prozac which is used for PMDD and today I'm feelin' a little better and that is just with one pill, small dosage.

Hope that helps.

I've been suffering from nausea for years, but after a very long stressful period of my life, nauseas became constant and unbearable. Doctors didn’t find anything in my blood tests out of range. On my own, I discovered that my nausea was related to hypoglycemia, because when I ate, it went away for a few minutes... so I ate all the time for months and it went away. But another long stressful period of my life triggered back nausea, and this time with fatigue and anxiety. This time, even when I ate, it didn't really go away. I had to rest in bed for months and eat continually for it to go away. Unfortunatly, fatigue and anxiety were not going away. During this period, I started to have a condition called Lichen sclerosus, which often occurs in menopausal women ; which suggest that hormonal imbalance is in cause. But I was only 27 at the time. Then, I started to read books and websites about hormonal imbalance (listed below), and started to take many supplements and took a test to verify my cortisol, estrogen, progesteron level. My fatigue is slowly beginning to recover, especially when taking potassium iodine supplements, guggul and ashwaganda plants in a supplement product called Thyrosence

Books to read :

1- Feeling Fat Fuzzy Or Frazzled by Richard Shames

2- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Hypothyroidism: A Simple Plan for Extraordinary Results by Ken Blanchard, Marietta Abrams Brill, Marietta Abrams Brill, Marietta Abrams Brill : Tells you about the new norms that should be used in diagnosis of hypothyroidism (TSH : 0.3 to 2.0 instead of 5.0)

3- An A-Z Woman's Guide to Vibrant Health (Prevent and Treat the Top 25 Female Health Concerns) :

Thanks for all the posts. I'm going back to my dr after reading all this. I have been struggling with nausea attacks for the past two years. I have just noticed that the flare ups never occur the week I get my period. I am on the pill so this is the week I am not taking hormones. I never had this problem before child birth. I have completely quit alcohol (loved a good glass of red on occasion), run three miles a day and pretty much live on carbs to avoid triggering the nausea. I'm on the low-end of the healthy weight spectrum and am otherwise healthy so many dr's pooh-pooh me and have chalked it up to GERD. I have had the endoscopy and everything looked normal. Two years of reflux meds and I still have the flare ups.

Have you gotten any updates on your condition in the past years? I have been suffering from the same symptoms as everyone on this blog but no one has posted any conclusions