Hi, I am 38 years old female, with symptoms of weakness, gaining weight, anxiety and hair loss. I All signs of hypothyroidism. I believe it is only a myth that just older women develop thyroid problems. Or am I really an exception?

Women of all ages develop thyroid problems, it’s just that with ages their chances for developing these conditions increase. By the age of 60 every fifth woman has chance of developing a thyroid problem. Men population is also affected by this disorder and the symptoms are quite the same as in women: weight changes, fatigue, anxiety, depression, loss of sex drive, hair loss, thinning of skin, lack of energy and other typical complaints. Hormonal changes in women start in their late thirties, so many endocrine function alterations are possible. Mostly in post-partum period first changes are to be noticed.