Hi, I am 17 years old, and I have a problem with my skin. It is too hairy, and it’s very embarrassing when I have to take my clothes off in front of the others. How can I treat this condition? Do I have a hormonal imbalance?

Hello, it’s very possible that you have a hormonal imbalance. I have the same problem. My chest and back are just too hairy for a woman. Not to talk about lower abdomen! In my case, this is about high level of testosterone in blood. Testosterone is responsible for stimulating the hair to be strong and darkly pigmented. Hairiness can be caused by polycystic ovaries syndrome, because it increases production of some mail hormones like androgen. Some other possible causes are anorexia nervosa, underactive thyroid gland and Cushing's syndrome. Try some therapy for hormone stabilization, or find some other underlying cause for this condition.

hii... i have the same problem... and i'm 15... do you think that in order to go see a doctor about this you have to be a certain age?

I have the same problem. Im 15 and i've got more hair than my family combined! I've got hair across my chest, stomach, back, bottom, a lot in the vagina(like a lot a lot), arms, legs and face. i think i should go to see a doctor. what do you think?

i`ve g0t the same problem. And this is why I decided to become a vegetarian [like a week ago :D ]
People say that meat contains a lot of hormones and makes your hair grow thick and fast, and you get alot of spots and stuff.
And I`m only 13!! I'm not one of them a lot hairy but my hair is just over the top'!!! get me? i wanna get rid of it and i was just wondering if i become a vegetarian my problem will be solved...is it true??? I NEED HEEEEEEEEELP..
ii bleached my st0mach.and then i got more hair!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Just starting this but research Saw Palmetto and Spearmint tea. Also, I've been reading that exercise and the glycemic index diet would be helpful.

Celebrity

nothing at all wrong with you, I too got hairy at your age, be proud of your hairy chest, legs, etc.