I have been on Coumadin for just under 2 months, on Heprin at the Hospital. I am in desperate need of advice regarding what excercises are safe, ie. won't cause inner bleeding, won't pop a clot somewhere, etc. I've read that swimming, walking, jogging and gardening are the 4 preferred forms of excercise. Has anyone info. regarding working with weights? Arm, leg, thigh, back, etc. (think Gold's Gym) Can one do excercises until tired or for a set amount of time? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have slight muscle atrophy and that's not good for my health or mind. Thank you.

I was in the hospital for 10 days with a DVT from my naval to mid calf, also had extensive Pulmonary Embolisms, I was put on a heparin dip for 24 hours and then on Levonox and I am now on coumadin, for the rest of my life but the doctor told me I can go back to my normal life, I am a very athletic person and love the gym, so slowly I started doing my cardio and upper weights, haven’t gone back to doing my legs as of yet because my left one is still hurting and week, but I have not found any problem in this active life and the coumadin. Just be carefull.

ive been on coumadin since i was 5 and im a consistent dancer. I work out 6-7 days a week and i dont see any bad effects on the medication. Just know your limit and pay attention. If you really do get to tired stop.