I am taking birth control pill and at the end of September I was prescribed antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. The doctor said that the antibiotic could interfere with the pill and to use a backup method, which I did not do. My hormone free week of the pill was from Oct 8-14 and i did bleed during that week. However, for the past week I have had tender breasts and lower abdominal cramping, i urinate quite frequently (and i wonder if this was bc of the UTI?) and am tired (but i have a busy life and get tired). Anyways, after reading many posts about abdominal cramping and preganacy, if i am pregnant would the cramps have lasted this long? Could my symptoms be bc i AM pregnant or bc of something else, like ovarian cycts which I think can also make your breats tender (am I wrong?). I am also wondering, since I am on the pill when I should take a pregnancy test? I took one on Monday and it was negative. I just feel different than normal, more emotional too. Could I be pregnant?

I am so glad you've posted this because I am going through the EXACT same thing. We practically have the same story...On the 26th of Sept. I was also told that I have a UTI and was prescribed anitbiotics (and I'm on the bc pill Yaz). After I finished my anitibiotics, I felt fine (yet still seemed to be urinating a little more than I wanted). Since around the 7-8th of October, my breasts have been very sore and swollen for a week now and I have no idea what's going on. They're very sensitive and my nipples seem to be more erect/darker (my husband even says they look like they've grown!). I also have the same symptoms you stated...tired more (I've been taking daily naps, for pete's sake!), still urinating frequently (which I assumed was still recovery from the UTI) and more emotional than usual. I also feel "bloated" and my lower back feels achy, not painful just feeling a constant annoying ache (like when you've bent over for a long period of time). I've looked up all kinds of things on what my symptoms could be before I trouble a doctor with them and I've found so many different answers, my head is swimming. I'd also like to know if these symptoms could be pregnancy or if I really do need to see a doctor about my breasts (or get more medication for the UTI). My husband and I only use the pills (condoms make us both break out) and for the past month we've not been careful to pull out....Pregnancy wouldn't be a bad thing for us, we'd love to have a child!! I would just like to know what it's all about because I don't like my body feeling so off. I'm sorry I didn't have any answers only more questions but hopefully someone will help us both out!!!

I have the EXACT same thing happening right now. Did you ever figure out what was wrong?? If so, please let me know!!!!!