Does anyone know if Cymbalta can cause you to retain fluid if a person has conjested heart failure along with COPD, dibeties, high blood pressure and major depression??????????????????[/list]

yes, I believe so. I do not have any of these except depression and high bp (sometimes) but I am taking Cymbalta and have been experiencing water weight gain.

This past week the FDA posted a list of 20 drugs that they are evaluating as causing severe problems. Cymbalta is one of the 20 listed. The reason: urinary tract fluid retention. I'm not sure if it's exacerbated by the condition you describe. Check out: fda.gov/Cder/aers/potential_signals/potential_signals_2008Q1.htm.

Cymbalta is # 3 on the list under its chemical name Duloxetine. Fluid retention can be fatal and that's why the FDA is taking this topic seriously. (They also were required to do these investigations by a new bill passed by the Congress.)

Good luck!

yes i was on it and had a lot of water retention

Yes!!! I was in hospital from 1/14/12 to 1/20/12 and needed heart surgery. I had major chest pains for a month and was sent home from hospital several times because they thought it was just muscular. A month later I had Pneumonia and fluid had built around a sac around my heart which required surgery and tubes to drain all the fluid. I have stopped Cymbalta since. _[removed]_s.edu

Yes!!!  I was in hospital from 1/14/12 to 1/20/12 and needed heart surgery. I had major chest pains for a month and was sent home from hospital several times because they thought it was just muscular. A month later I had Pneumonia and fluid had built around a sac around my heart which required surgery and tubes to drain all the fluid out of my heart. I have stopped Cymbalta since.   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use