Hello! I sometimes use Ibuprofen when I feel any kind of pain. Sometimes is for my headache, sometimes for my back pain or menstrual cramps. It always helps and I had no problems with it like my mother for example. She used to have stomach pain after taking it and she doesn't use it any longer. But, I heard that Ibupropfen causes water retention which can damage your kidneys. I take lots of water when taking any drug and I don't know could this water intake together with Ibuprofen water retention damage my kidneys.

Hi! Ibuprofen presents no danger to your kidney if you take it as recommended. It should be used with caution if you already have a kidney disease or if you are dehydrated since it is excreted only through kidneys. It is not broken by the liver or passed through the digestive tract as many other medicines and that is why it may cause potential problems with kidneys. As you said you take enough water which is very good. There are cases when patients reported fluid loss and kidney problems after taking ibuprofen but it was connected to their advanced age, chronic kidney disease or alcohol consumption.