I'm 10 days post total hemorroidectomy (Internal and External) and I' feeling pretty good. The only pain meds I really had to take were Vycodine and Toradol for 3 days. Now I take an occasional Tylenol to take the ache of the swollen skin tags that protruded 3 days after surgery. I have had normal BMs since the first day after surgery with the aid of Miralax and metamucile. The PROBLEM is the large skin tags that are painful and annoying. The surgeon gave me topical lidocain and it does take the edge off the ache. What can be done next? Surgery with local or general anaesthesia?

Hi there! Yeah, for skin tags, usually it's a nice outpatient procedure that can be removed in an hour or two with some local anasthesia so you can have that taken off right away. How are you recovering from surgery? How is everything going otherwise? It sounds like you're doing well. Let me know how it's going!

Having the surgery was the best thing I did. After I was given the lidocaine for the "excess tissue lumps" I took the kids to Disney. That was about 11 days after surgery. I keep drinking metamucile twice a day and everything is moving along. I had to delay my next followup appointment so I won't see the doc until about a month out from surgery and I'll see what he says about the area in question. Now it's a hygiene issue because the pain is gone. I think the key to the total hemerroidectomy was following directions to the letter and then adding my own common sense. Thanks for replying to my question.