hi..me n my gf had unprotected sex on 28 August and she had taken the ipill after 24hr and I didn't cum inside and her last period date was 17 August and after that she hadn't got her period till date...is there any chance of getting pregnant after takin ipill also..plzz help me m so tensed about it. .

Hi Raj,

Yes, there is a chance of pregnancy.  Emergency contraceptives are NOT as effective as daily birth control - or condoms.

But, she did take it in time.  A common side effect is that her next SEVERAL periods can be early or late.

She can take a home test if she wants.

Good luck.

if she will be pregnant than what we have to do..how to take that test?

It's a urine test. She basically just has to urinate in a cup and stick in a test strip. She needs to use her wake up urine though for the best accuracy.

If she's pregnant then you have two options with one of them being she delivers the baby.

thanks a lot ..but is there any opinion not to get pregnant like birth control pill..

In the future she should use a birth control pill, a daily pill. They are MUCH more effective than emergency contraceptives.

After you had sex and took an emergency contraceptive, if it doesn't work you're talking abortion.

Well there is another way. I'm not a doctor or anything but I took some classes on how to be safe during sex. A couple ways to prevent pregnancy is the patch. This is 99% affective and must be used weekly. If it don't like that Idea then there's an alternative; using a diaphragm with spermicide is 94% affective and is used durning sex. Another alternative would be the Copper Intrauterine Device (IUD). This is taken every 10 years with a 0 chance of pregnancy. But if that's too long for your girl then there's one more alternative that last 5 years with the same chance. It is the Progestin-Only Intrauterine Device (IUD). I hope this is useful to you as it has been for my girlfriend and I! -Grayson

relax, chances of pregnancy is very low one takes i-pill within 72 hours. since you have taken within 24 hrs, its even better. irregular bleeding is often observed with i-pill, hence dont worry. use protection from next time and be safe.