I'd heard the horror stories about how miserable a depo shot could make a woman. Every one I known of talked about it only being birth control because you were too miserable to think about sex.

I was forced to take 1 dose of depo due to getting the Essure Permanant Birth Control procedure, and though I went in with high hopes... I am following in the steps of all those others and am completely miserable. Nearly overnight I've picked up violent mood swings ranging from vindictive temper to severe depression and lethegy. I can't remember a day that I haven't spotted, and have pretty much light but constant period since about 2 weeks after the shot. I'm lucky enough not to be throwing up like some of my friends did, but I have developed an almost constant state of heartburn and mild neasuea.

I wake up in the morning and my first thought is that I don't feel like me. I have no want to do anything but sleep. I don't want to spend the rest of the term "drugged up" on something like Xanax... but I'm really at my wits end. Meditation isn't helping, even reiki isn't scratching the surface. It's like something is innately WRONG with my whole body now. My husband has been so supportive, but I don't know how much more of this I can take... and from what I've read this could last up to 8 months. :'(