I took two depo shots when I had my last child.... That was almost 5 years ago and I am still suffering from the side effects! At first I didn't realize I was having any side effects until my husband told me (after the second shot)one day that he would divorce me if I Ever took another one! I was a total Witch and didn't even realize it until he said that... then I realized just how much it was effecting me. The list is Endless! It took me 2 years to get my periods back and BELIEVE me I was on my hands and knees begging for my period! It was like pmsing constantly... After I finally started having periods, they were not normal. I would get them about every 6 months for a time then it got to where it was every three months. As of now, my last period was in Feb 2007 (6 months ago!) and I am again on my hands and knees begging for it to start! I have had so much weight gain from "the shots".... My body stays blown up with fluid and I look 6 months pregnant... But I am Not! I take a test monthly just to be on the safe side..... I am Miserable!!! My feet and ankles stay swollen... I have No nerves left! pms sounds like a blessing compared to what I have been going through. I am only 38 and have the change of life symptoms! hot flashes..... you name it. I have the boils too.... I really feel as if my life will Never be back to "Normal" again. It has been almost 5 years!!!! My daughter turns 5 Sept 4th and I had my first shot right after I had her.... Oh and When I Do have periods.... They are so light that I don't know if they actually qualify as periods!
I have read quite a few posts and for the ones that think depo is Great! All I can say to you is that you just don't realize how poisonous this shot really is yet! I mean think about it.... Really Think About it.... Anything that stops your period CANNOT be good for you!!!!!!!!!! How on Earth could it be???? I know how it is to think.... Oh WOW! How nice is it to Not have a period! Don't we All wish we could do without that messy business! But Really!!!! It is the cycle of life and it IS Something our bodies need!!!

Now to all the Depo Haters out here....... Isn't there a way we can do a lawsuit against this????? If we don't get ANYTHING out of it other than it taken off the market!!!!!!! I have read it stated before as "The Shot of Death" And Canada at one time had a law suit over the depo shot..... I KNOW I do NOT want my children or my children's children to Ever take this shot and go through what I have went through........

Im not trying to be a penis, but most, if not all forms of BC are ment to stop your period, but if you are refering to after stoping it, and the periods not returning, i agree 100%. I have heard a lot of bad things about depo. My girlfriend called me the other day and was saying about how her mom was just going to get here the shot instead, i instantly said no, and she seemed a bit started cause i responed so quickly. Then i explained all of the thing i had read about it, and she was like oh c**p. Most of the time i give things a chance, but depo, no way in hell...

I am 24 years old and I was on the shot for 5 years!!! No one told me anything...I have been off the shot for over a year now and have been trying so hard to have a child...What if I cant???I am always in lower pain,and digging at my head,headachs,mood swings,ya name it..When you think you found someone to take ya case for depo shot,they are no longer taking any new cases....DO NOT LET ANYONE YOU KNOW OR LOVE GET THE SHOT,,,If someone has any advise please contact me at _[removed]_ It would mean a lot to me..