.....everything you say, or every idea you have, they automatically think of what could go wrong?......

My supervisor, who has to approve all tooling designs before they can be built, does this. His technical knowledge is poor and us design guys spend entirely too much time explaining how things work to him. He doesn't feel like he's doing his job unless he can somehow find a mistake on a drawing so he nitpicks really stupid stuff. It's frustrating as hell.

I work with a group that does not overtly negate ideas. Instead the ideas seem to just be absorbed and die, quietly, without effort.

Especially social stuff. I've never been with a group of people who can suck the life out of a room so completely.

Its kind of like a giant social marshmallow.

Yes, I work with a party-pooper. He very rarely agrees to a matinee.

One. The rest of my team is pretty good about that stuff. If it happens, it's in a constructive way, really.

I AM the party pooper.