This post is an extension of the

WEIRD SENSATION FEELS GOOD thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Would anybody be interested in helping me. I'd love to get some stats on how many people, ages, when started, what triggers. I'm looking to launch a website about it.

I had this since i was 6, and never have been able to put my finger on it. There are some things that trigger it, like

> Watching someone draw a picture in front of me
> People with a strong lisp (including younger people)
> Some people with strong asian accents
> Drawing numbers on my back (guess the number)
> People reading my newspaper over my shoulder

I can trigger it by myself using previous memories of triggers. I thought that i was the only one with this or i was going crazy.

I'm so happy with the posts :-)

Hiya,

do you just want us to give you details on the points you mentioned? I think a website would be great; it might attract lots more people :-)

I posted earlier but only just registered.
I'm 21 and female, and I don't know when this started. The earliest memory of it that I can remember was when I was around 15, but it's entirely possible that it started way before that and I just didn't find it remarkable enough to remember.

Triggers are (I'll just quote some of yours)
> Some people with strong accents, particularly Asian (funny, this one - I never realised until you mentioned it!)
> The way some people talk. I can't describe it
> People looking for something in their bags, hearing them rustle around in it
> Someone doing something very slowly and carefully, such as shelving books or flicking slowly through a magazine

I've also had this sensation all of my life. Some triggers for me are very close to what others have already stated. For me, the trigger that works best..here goes..are the Bob Ross joy of painting videos...his voice , the way he describes what he's doing, the sounds of the brushes and scrapers as the move over the texture of the canvas, and the careful attention and concentration. I would love to own the whole set...not interested in the least about learning to paint!
Just my 2cents

I have been experiencing this since youth. It is extremely euphoric and entirely indescribable. It can happen randomly, but it is mostly set off by music.

I found this thread a few days ago. I don't know why, but the thought just came to me at that time that I had never heard anyone discuss this "phenomenon" my entire life. In fact, I had never even had the thought to bring it up, explore it, or discuss it with anyone until last week when I began googling descriptions of it -- and I am 47 years old!

I have had this happen since I was a little girl. For me, the main trigger is if someone randomly, without my asking, starts playing with my hair. Their focused, unsolicited attention specifically on me is was starts the sensation and it continues until they stop. It's the feeling that, at least for those moments, I am "special" to them. (Sorry, I know that sounds cheesy but I don't have a better way of describing it than that.)

For me the sensation starts in the back of my neck and then works it's way up to the crown of my head. It literally feels like I have a tingly crown sensation on the top of my head and it does feel wonderful. People playing with my hair seems to be the only trigger I can recall that really sets this off for me. It doesn't happen, however, if I'm getting my hair cut or styled at a hair salon, etc.

I believe the reason I've never mentioned this to anyone was that I knew if I brought it up while it was happening, it would immediately stop the sensation. Also, that if I tried to get people to give me that kind of attention -- it would then be solicited attention -- and that would break the "spell" of it working. I guess I also just presumed everyone had it happen at times.

I am very curious to know what the name for this is as everything else we sense does seem to have a label (heebie jeebies, goose bumps, chills, etc.) EXCEPT this!!

I'll continue to watch this thread with interest...

Thanks to whoever started this thread! :-)

I've never really given much thought to this "sensation" until recently. I mentioned it to a friend, as it was happening, (he was explaining his view on something, when it occured). He couldn't remember it ever happening to him, but it got me thinking.

Mine is usually triggered when people are showing me how to do something, or explaining a process of some sort. But like many of you, it has also happened when people have read over my shoulder, or drawn patterns on my skin etc.

It's a lovely feeling, and I'm glad I'm not some sort of freak-show HAHA. I wish it would happen more often :-D:-D

I posted back on June 4, 2008 after having a session of Attention Induced Head Orgasm (AIHO). I made that name up then (AIHO). I am very glad to see so many posts since June 4, 2008 as the first post was on Oct 29, 2007.

I think the one common theme has been "attention". Someone has to be paying attention to you, or to something, to get this feeling. Even for the few posts stating getting it from music or memories, I think the root action is "attention".

I do not really understand this yet, but it seems it is the brain over-reacting to what everyone likes: to be special and noticed by someone else. Why our brains are over-reacting is a mystery but not one I would care to see stop.

I REALLY liked the YouTube triggers people posted as most worked for me and it is the first time I have been able to self-induce AIHO from a stimulus.

I have had AIHO as long as I can remember.
- I am a 46 year old, white male.

The fact that videos could trigger this blew away my personal theory that AIHO was something to do with ESP and brain waves.

I'm SO glad I found this. I found it about a month ago and keep checking back in but there haven't been many posts lately. :'( I would love to know what this is. Some people talked about asking a doctor. Has anyone? Did they just think you were crazy? I asked my professor (professor of abnormal psychology) she looked at me like I was crazy. The only thing she could come up with is maybe we're extra sensitive to serotonin or dopamine releases and we can actually feel the chemical release you get when you're happy. I don't know though... Just to break down an assumption, I've been hearing a lot of people assuming its guys. I'm a 19 year old girl and have had since at least first grade. I remember the first time: A boy sitting next to me started using my crayons to draw something. I guess watching him so fixated on the picture and using my crayons really did it. Something about sharing and watching someone use something of mine has always been a big one. Also, just bragging by far one of the best ones EVER. On our way to travel to Italy my friend decided to draw a portrait of me. I live in Missouri. The entire trip she drew me, nonstop head tingling sensations for HOURS. What happened to the possibility of making a website? I feel like that could help us figure it out. I really want to know!

Hey people. I'm a 22 year old guy, and I'm a tingler or an AIHO "sufferer"!

My head goes crazy when I listen to some people talk, whisper, certain types of music, back tickles, etc.

Some of the narrators on the History Channel make my head tingle so badly-but it feels awesome! I hope it's not bad for your health or anything. How can it when it feels so great?!

I've had it for as long as I can remember- since I was a kid. It's cool to see that some other people have it too. Other people who don't just don't get it. They don't understand. It's like a drug, and very much like an extended orgasm- which is cool seeing as I'm a man and all, and biologically uni-orgasmic.

I am 36 and I too have this sensation. I have had it for as long as I can remember. When I was a child someone was talking about situations that gave them "warm fuzzy" feelings. I always assumed they were talking about this sensation. I thought everyone has these moments. I'm amazed that only some people experience it.

Has anyone bothered to ask a neurologist about what causes it? is it more prevalent in males or females? Does everyone of all races have the sensations or is it more common in some over others? In medical terms is it linked to any other conditions? Is it a type of seizure?

**edited by moderator**no web addresses allowed**

Wow - I can't believe that there are so many of us! I am a 28 year old female. I still get these pretty regularly but I remember having them even as a small child. I think it may be good to compile a list of stats about us all to see if we can come up with any common threads... high IQ or something maybe?

Mine are head tingles - the entire scalp, and some forehead and neck. Definitely when people are either concentrating or as someone said 'participating in an unselfconcious creative act' - the big set off for me is someone doodling, but there are many many triggers. Small children and cats can definitely trigger it as well, especially when they are quietly focused on a tactile activity. This is a big mystery, one I haven't seen described much anywhere, but it is good to know there are more folks out there!

My vote is for a facebook group!

I tried to post this earlier, but it isn't showing up - I apologize if this ends up being a repeat.

I am so glad to find out there are so many people that have this! I am a 28 year old female - I still get these regularly but I can remember having them even as a small child. It is a definitely pleasant tingling sensation in my scalp, forehead and neck. When It happens I try to prolong it as long as possible, which usually isn't very long. It happens when I can observe someone concentrating on something particular, or, as I have heard someone say, when I witness someone 'participating in an unselfconcious creative act.' Doodling or sketching is a big trigger for me, though there are many. Small children and cats can also set me off when they are quietly focused on a tactile activity on their own. I wish there was more info about this out there! But like many of you most people have no idea what I am talking about if I try to explain it.

I vote we create a face book group! There are a lot of good tools on there for us to discuss & collaborate. If anyone is interested my profile id is 713649012

I also think it would be good for us to share some stats to see if there is a common element - high IQ or something like that?? I look forward to continuing this discussion.

I have always been afraid to mention this to anyone, I always thought I was the only one who had these sensations. I am a 24 year old woman from Maine. I have expereinced these ever since I can remember. It is an amazing feeling, but mine are so intense they actually effect my day to day life. Once it has been "triggered" it is very difficult to make the sensations stop, and it effects my concentration at work and school. It is almost like I am on some kind of drug, but I'm completely sober! I love the sensations, but I wonder if maybe it is connected to something like narcolpesy. It doesn't actually put me to sleep, but it is such a comforting feeling it puts me in a daze. It would be amazing if we could find some kind of diagnosis for this! I always thought it was related to sound, but sometimesjust watching somebody can trigger the sensation. I'm so glad I've found others like me!