Im 15 About To Be 16 And My Mom CONTROLS Everything In My Life...And When I Say Everything, I Mean Everything. I Can Only Wear The Kind Of Clothes She Likes And Wear My Hair The Way She Thinks Is Right. I Can't Watch T.V And I Can Only Be On The Computer For And Hour A Day. I've Never Been To Not One Party And My Friends From School Arent Allowed To Come Over And Im Not Allowed To Go Over There House. She Said I Cant Start Driving Untill I Graduate Highschool in 2011 Because She Thinks Im Going To Just Go Out For A Ride One Day And Never Come Back..And Honestly...I Would Do That..She Just Doesnt Even Know How Bad I Want To. I Also Cant Talk To Anybody On The Phone. I Dont Have A Cell Phone Either. I Cant Even Go Outside Without Her Permission. I Just Lost My Boyfriend Because He Wants To Spend More Time With Me And He Knows Thats NEVER Going To Happen. :-( That Ruined My Life Right There...My Routien For A "Regular" Day For Me Is:

1. Go To School
2. Come Home From School
3. Do Homework
4. Eat
5. Listen To Music Till I Fall Asleep.

Litterally...Thats It..
I Dont Know How To Deal With This And Im Slowly Going INSANE!! I Pick Fights With My Mom Because There Is Nothing Else To Do. Im The Most Rebellious Out Of My 2 Other Sisters. I've Thought About Running Away Before. I Dont Get Straight A's Anymore Because I Cant Think Straight..You Would Think I Would Study Alot Because I Have Nothing Else To Do But I Dont Because That Is Something My Mom Wants Me To Do And I Refuse...Just To Make Her Mad. I Sometimes Sit In My Room And Cry Because I Think About All The Stuff My Friends Are Doing That I Can Never Do. :'(

Please Please...Before You See Me On The 2 'O Clock News, Help Me...I Need To Know How To Better Deal With My Mom And My Extreme Boredom...Anything...I Will Do Anything.

Please Reply...Thank You.

Celebrity
You do need to live a bit more. Your mum dose seem over protective. There is so much bad going on outside these days i can understand. But you need to experience life to be able to cope in later life.

You need to talk to someone who knows you an is close to your family.
Your mum may need help from profesionals to help her over come the controling.
Dose your dad life with you, have they got a good relationship.

If we are unhappy in other issues in our live we need to feel incontrol in other areas.
EG i was in a very unhappy marriage. I constantly cleaned the house. You may not understand what im saying, but basically. Your mum needs to look at her life.
Also it could be how she was brought up.
May be something happened to her when she was younger, that is why she is acting like this.

Have you got a teacher you can talk to. In the school i work in we have Mentors who you can go to with problems. They talk to parents to.

Your doctor will listen too. He will have the contacts to people who can help.
These people may come into school to you.
Also do you have a school doctor?
Are you the oldest. Is she the same with your sisters.

I feel for you honey. You need to do more.
Dont give up at school tho. Think about you an your life when your older

Just another idea.. How would your mum react if you wrote her a letter explaining how you feel. It hits home sometimes when its in black an white

My Mom Works In A Prison, So She Sees All The Stuff Bad That Happens...Murderers, Rapists, Etc. That Is One Reason She Acts The Way She Does.
To Answer Your Question, My 2 Other Sister Are Both Older Than Me. One Is 25 And The Other 35. The 25 Year Old is A Goody Goody And Didnt Give My Mom Problems But The 35 Year Old Was The Same As Me...Rebellious...But Not To My Degree. My Mom Wasnt As Strict With Her As She Is With Me Because Things Have Gotten Worse Now A Days. Plus She Lived In Pennsylvania, Its Not Like It Is Out Here. In California...Southern California. =/

I Have My Sister Best Friend Who I Can Talk To But She Doesnt Know What To Tell Me Half The Time. She Only Lives Next Door To Me So That Is One Big Relief. I've Actually Wrote A Letter, Not To Her Though, But I Left It Out So She Could Find It...And She Read It And I Got Yelled At. I Dont Know What Else To Do, And I Dont Want To See My Doctor Because My Only Ride There Is From My Mom And I Dont Want Her There When Im Telling Him All The Stuff That Is Bothering Me...

Give her a hug and say “as much as your controlling my life I still love you” and no matter what she says if she thinks your trying something don't say any thing bad and say your going to do your Homework now.

ILoveMorgan(:
Morgan
What are you planning to do now? "drive away is not a answer, but a way to have more trouble, talk to a counslor at schooll to help may be the only good way out..... please up date us on this...
RT

I would absolutely sit down with your mom and talk to her..Tell her how u feel!! Try it on a good day when shes in a really good mood!

Sitting Down With My Mom Wont Do Me Any Good, I Get Fustrated Easily With Her And She Doesnt Know How To Talk Softly And Understandingly With Me. All She Knows How To Do Is Yell. Soo, Thats Out Of The Picture Because I'll Snap And Loose It And End Up Saying Or Doing Something I Will Regret. I Havent Went To My Counsler In A While, But She Knows My Mom And She Knows Me. My Mom Makes The Counsler Feel Sorry For Me, I Can See It In Her Eyes. Sometimes She(My Counsler) Asks Me Like..How Are Things At Home And Is Your Mom Letting Up Even Just A Little??

Im Glad To Have Friends That I Can Go To To Talk To This About. One Of My Friends Is Like My Big Brother And I Tell Him Everything. He Lives Right Across The Street From Me And I've Known Him Since I Was Five. He Knows Me And My Mom Very Very Well. My Mom Thinks Hes A Bad Influence On Me But Its Excatly The Oppsite. He Keeps Me Out Of Trouble And Keeps Me From Saying The Things That I Want To Scream At My Mom, To Myself. Hes 19 And He Graduated High School So Now I Cant Talk To Him At School...But I Still Can At My House. Big Plus For Me. Hes The One That Keeps Me Looking Forward Another Day. I Love Him Mucho. :-D

Ohh And SoCalBoy....Theres Never A Day Whens Shes In A Good Mood...A Bird Passing By Would Tick Her Off..=/ (Not Really, But You Got Me? Hehehe)

Your mom needs to chill out and give you a break already! I feel bad for ya..Your mom cant just lock you in your house all day like a prisoner. Young people our age have to go out and be social.. IMO, when parents are really strict with their kids (like your situation), it just makes the kids wanna runaway or just take off especially when they turn 18!!! I dont know if you've tried this yet, but, maybe both you and your mom should go to the counselor together and talk out your feelings with each other..maybe both of you can come to some sort of understanding or compromise with each other?? I really hope you and your mom can work this out b/c its just not fair for you!! I wish you the best of luck!!! ;-)

I Wish I Could Do Some Of The Things That Everyone Is Suggesting But My Mom Simply Would Not Do It. She Thinks My Life Is Damn Near Perfect. She Doesnt Want To Change Anything...She Doesnt Even Want Me To Have Friends. :'(

I've Actually Tried To Run Away But My Mom's Friend Saw Me Walking And Made Me Go Back Home, She Gave Me A Ride Back Before My Mom Got Home From Work. My Mom Doesnt Know Yet Though.

If You Dont Mind Me Asking...How Old Are You Mr. SoCalBoy?

I think you really need to talk this out with a trusted adult friend of the family - that your mother also respects, OR with a school councilor. There is something behind her feeling the need to control you to this extreme. It is clearly not healthy for either of you! Find someone you can trust to talk to about this soon. I know there is always hesitation when talking to someone at the school, but that is what they are there for! That may be the break you need to get help with your situation.

Good luck to you - and please keep us posted!

Wow! I thought my mum was bad and I'm 20 - but luckily got away as went to uni! She's not so bad now but i go out when i can and stay at home as little as possible these days!

The only thing that worked with me was yelling back at my mum! My sister (whos 4 yrs older) got away with everything, me on the other hand no!

I wasn't allowed to go to bed late, couldn't have friends stay, wasn't allowed to go out at night etc. etc.

If i were in your shoes i would just tell her that you're nearly old enough to leave home and that if she continues the way she is you won't ever come back.

Tell her she's making you miss out on lots of things and it's making your life miserable! Go out and buy yourself a cell phone and just don't let her know!

You need to take a stand as she will treat you like this forever! If you need to show her this thread and see what her response is!

I totally get the need to keep you safe but there is a point! Maybe she lacks control in her own life, so controlling you makes things easier for her or maybe she doesn't want you to make mistakes she did.

Either way it's not fair on you and i have plenty of friend's who were wrapped in cotton wool as kids and teenagers and now they have left home are completely different people - they have not turned out nice as they never got their freedom slowly but all at once!

She'll end up pushing you away, and if she really loves and cares for you she needs to loosen the apron strings!

I guess "Monkey293" has a point...You cant let her push you around anymore. I would start threatening her a lil bit too..Tell her when you turn 18, you will leave and never come back if she keeps this up!! I really hope it doesn't get to that point and she starts too back off.

btw- "ILoveMorgan(:", I don't mind u asking my age, I just turned 20. ;-)

"taking a stand" Will Not Work. I Wish You Guys Knew My Mom. Then You Would Have More Of An Understanding Of What I Can And Can Not Do With Her.

I Am Emotionally Weak, If Someone Yells At Me, I Cry Almost Instantly. When My Mom Yells, Its Sort Of Different. I Argue And Yell Back, And Even When My Reasons Are Better Then Hers, She Still Wins.
Her Famous Line Is: "I'm The Mother And Your The Child, I Don't Have To Have A Reason" That Just Basically Ends The Arguement.

About The Cell Phone Issue....My Sister(Lets Just Call Her Jane)..
Soo My Sister Jane Bought Me And My Nephew(15)(Lets Call Him John)One. But My Mom Kept Finding My Cell Phone, It Was Suppossed To Be Kept Secret From Her, And We Would Just Say That It Was John's. But That Didnt Hold Up For Long...She Soon Began To Ask Alot Of Questions And Some Of Them We Didnt Have Answers To. So Jane Shut Off The Cell Phones And That Was The End Of That. Jane Keeps Taking To My Mom To Try And Convince Her To Buy Me One But She Keeps Giving Her All These Excuses Of Why I Dont Need One.

In my opinion, It sounds like your mom needs to go out, go on a vacation, or meet a boyfriend so she can take her mind off of you all the time!!! XD

My Mom Actually Has A Boyfriend (Eww). But He Lives In PA. So I Guess Its The Same As Her Not Having One, Ehh? At Least I Have A Week Away From Her This Thanksgiving Week, Im Working. :-D She Doesnt Like It Too Much, But I Signed Up For The Days And Theres No Way She Can Make Me Miss Them. I Am Going To Love Work! Free Time Away From Restrictions! (Odd Thing To Say, Huh?) But Thank You Everybody That Replyed And Gave Me Advise...I Appricate It So Much. I Went To My Counsler And Now I See Her Every School Thusdays. I Cant Really Tell You If Its Working Yet Because I Have Only Been 2 Times So Far. The First day Was Very Irritating Because The Counsler Talked About How I Behave In My Classes. It Was A Long Lecture About How Being Suspended Is Very Bad. I Didnt Know They Knew That Stuff, But I Guess Its Helping Me. 8-|